Parking fines

• 2 months later...

Just had a phonecall from Scotland's favourite bailiffs, Debt Recovery Plus.

Wifie asked to speak to me - I asked who was calling and she said it was confidential. Hung up on her (nobody of ant importance phones my landline) ter googling the number, found it was the dickless bailiff brigade.

Almost as productive as their multiple letters to my old address in the last few years!

6 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Just had a phonecall from Scotland's favourite bailiffs, Debt Recovery Plus.

Wifie asked to speak to me - I asked who was calling and she said it was confidential. Hung up on her (nobody of ant importance phones my landline) ter googling the number, found it was the dickless bailiff brigade.

Almost as productive as their multiple letters to my old address in the last few years!

What's a landline?

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update everyone.

Last September I overstayed on a Saturday night in a Europarks carpark in Dunfermline. from 5.45pm to 9pm, the car park was empty, but that is not the point.

At first I got letters from Euro Parks themselves.  Like has been written before, its a parking charge, not a fine issued by Police or council.

Similar story with fine of £130 reduced to £60 if repaid early.

All letters have been ignored and never acknowledged. Letters now coming from English based, Zenith collections, they cleverly word the letters to be threatening  " our client may consider starting legal action against you, " If our client takes legal action......"  you must pay within 14 days or our client will consider taking legal action......

I will be continuing to ignore them and refusing to pay the vampires.

Just to update everyone.
Last September I overstayed on a Saturday night in a Europarks carpark in Dunfermline. from 5.45pm to 9pm, the car park was empty, but that is not the point.
 At first I got letters from Euro Parks themselves.  Like has been written before, its a parking charge, not a fine issued by Police or council.
Similar story with fine of £130 reduced to £60 if repaid early.
All letters have been ignored and never acknowledged. Letters now coming from English based, Zenith collections, they cleverly word the letters to be threatening  " our client may consider starting legal action against you, " If our client takes legal action......"  you must pay within 14 days or our client will consider taking legal action......
I will be continuing to ignore them and refusing to pay the vampires.

I've heard that if you want the annoying letters to stop, for a small nominal fee, you can send £10 to illtakeyourmoney@hotmale.com via PayPal.

Just give me 15 minutes while I set up the accounts.

My parking fine from 2014 has now rocketed  to a "£160 or else it's court for you m'laddo".
Lol.

Surprised you're still getting letters now, they've always given up within a year with me. Straight in the bin and zero communication is my tactic.

Cancer nurse who worked late to care for patients ordered to pay £2,000 to Ninewells car park operator after landmark ruling
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/509042/cancer-nurse-worked-late-care-patients-ordered-pay-2000-ninewells-car-park-operator-landmark-ruling/

Sheriff must have shares in Indigo to have made that decision. Nothing more than legalised extortion. Compulsory purchase order on these car parks in the public interest should be brought. I just hope the sheriff never has to hear the words, "sorry, I've overstayed in the hospital car park just give me half an hour, in the meantime just press this button on the defibrillator when you hear the beep".

Cancer nurse who worked late to care for patients ordered to pay £2,000 to Ninewells car park operator after landmark ruling
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/509042/cancer-nurse-worked-late-care-patients-ordered-pay-2000-ninewells-car-park-operator-landmark-ruling/

Absolute fucking shit mongers. Fucking legalised extortion. Hope this sets a precedent and every nurse fucks off at the end of their shift on time to avoid this shite. Will expose the real state of the NHS.

Ridiculous that they have to pay to park there anyway.

I thought Scotland had stopped hospital parking charges everywhere. I actually wish Raigmore would bring them back, too many people taking the piss and using it as a park and ride so people who need to be there have nowhere to park.