Blantyre Vics vs. Pollok

Whatever happens today Blantyre Vics have had a season that possibly can't be replicated, league winners and three cup finals, for me it would be an injustice if they didnt lift at least one cup after a season that is beyond dreams.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happens today Blantyre Vics have had a season that possibly can't be replicated,

eh, I don't think so!

kilwinning rangers lifted 6 trophies in 1998/1999:

league winners, Scottish cup, west of Scotland, Ayrshire cup, League cup & Ayrshire district cup.

Talbot have won Scottish and super league double on 3 occasions.

Vics no9 was terrific this afternoon. What's his name?

Craig Smith had difficult season due to injury but class act and attitude like everyone of the lads is 100%

Just back from game first time at Pollok very nice ground and fantastic pitch

Crowd in excess of 1000 watched a cracker gutted but proud of the effort and at times good football hard hard fought.

1 down at half time the Vics then went in search of equalizer and were well on top when it came,then without doubt turning point Vics got penalty which Pollok keeper brilliantly saved further drama moments later when Pollok got penalty and converted it ,as Vics through caution to the wind Pollok scored a third

No disgrace from the lads they looked absolutely knackered at the end and look to have a number of injuries.

Got to hope they clear for Thursday and go again

Enjoyed the game. Thought Pollok wet better than Vics in the 1st half.

Vics started the 2nd half much better, their no8 scored a classy equaliser.

Vics looked in control & when the got the penalty I thought they would win the game.

But Pollok rallied, got themselves a penalty, which David Winters blasted home.

David got himself on he end of a fine one touch move by Pollok to flick the ball home from a yard out. To give his side a well deserved 3-1 win.

Craig Smith the Vics MoM for me,never stopped chasing and always looked a threat.As has been said,this was a game of two pens as I'm convinced that if the Vics had scored to make it 2-1,they would have gone on to win,but the keeper had yet another great save ...which was just a bit irksome as on the three later occasions when he was called into action,his fumbles were lucky to go unpunished...Lok scored with their pen,and it suddenly seemed too big an ask for the Blantyre guys.

I'll be interested to see the video of this as I'm sure that Robbie Winters ( class act and heid and shooders above his team mates ) and his fellow forward were at least a couple of yards offside for the first goal.

Congrats to Pollok and commiserations to the Vics,team of the season for me.

Went through to this and what a good game it turned out to be especially the 2nd half. As mentioned by others 1st goal had more than a suspicion of offside about it.

Blantyre went for it at the start of the 2nd half and got their equaliser then the penalty which was well saved by the keeper. This proved to be the turning point of the game, if they had scored I think they would have went onto win going by the way they were playing at the time.

Well done to Pollok anyway and well done to the Vics for putting in a decent performance.

Was at the game today and cannot believe the comments. First half every time Pollok went up the park offside including the goal. Second half all Blantyre till the penalties. Result flatters Pollok .if this is what they have to offer next season I am sure the bigger teams will not lose any sleep.

Was at the game today and cannot believe the comments. First half every time Pollok went up the park offside including the goal. Second half all Blantyre till the penalties. Result flatters Pollok .if this is what they have to offer next season I am sure the bigger teams will not lose any sleep.

Drunk? Or just bitter?

We missed a lot chances or good attacking chances with bad final balls, however when Vics scored they played well for the next 15 minutes.

Once we scored the penalty they fell out of it.

At 1-0 if MacBeth had took the chance early in the second half when it was cut back to him right in the middle of the box it would have been game over at that point.

Good game. Pollok dominated the 1st half but Vics were the better side after they scored and up until they were awarded their penalty. Was the turning point - as was Lok scoring their penalty.

Winters brothers were a class above. Lok keeper did well to save another penalty after his heroics in midweek.

Very little between the teams but, unlike others, I thought Vics carried little threat up front. If they had scored the penalty at 1-1 it could have been a different tale. No mention of Vic;s keeper who had a wonder save in first half.

Thought Vics were understandably running out of steam as the game went on and with Gauld barely featuring they didn't have anything special to break through. A great pity as they would have been most neutral's preference.

I do love going to a game as a neutral and listening to some of the biased comments being spouted. Was in front of some Pollok fans today. Linesman and ref only wrong when it suited them! Couple of so called ladies behind me, put some of their Lanarkshire counterparts to shame.

Archived