They've done their time

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well we have the predictable furore over Alan Lithgow as he moves teams again, but what is the general view of you guys. Should Players who have fallen on the wrong side of the law be allowed to put their past behind them? Or should we poke them with a stick for the rest of their lives and call them all sorts of scummy names?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we have the predictable furore over Alan Lithgow as he moves teams again, but what is the general view of you guys. Should Players who have fallen on the wrong side of the law be allowed to put their past behind them? Or should we poke them with a stick for the rest of their lives and call them all sorts of scummy names?

Scummy names IMO. Funnier that way.

The funny thing is, over the past 5/6 years he's probably played 10/15 games at Airdrie and not one fan battered an eye lid. He'll play that amount there this season and it's an outrage hahaha.

In fairness every time he's played us there's been a few shouts about him. Nothing major but enough to suggest that some fans would be against it.

Airdrie sheriff Robert H Dickson, told him: "You might be a good footballer but you are nothing more than a nasty pervert.

"At 3pm the same day in Lady Ann Crescent, Airdrie, a woman was walking when she heard a man shout: "Haw."

"She saw he was in a car and had lowered his trousers, exposing himself and performing a sex act on himself.

"She called the police."

"Haw.."

A criminal lack of eloquence I'd say.

Judge seems something of a d*ckhead. Nasty pervert is a term I might apply

to someone who's done something considerably more vicious than wave his

willie around in public.

It's really dependent on a number of factors - no one case is the same. It depends on the crime, the intent, the consequences, the punishment and how they act/reintegrate themselves into society once their sentence has passed.

I'll use two Scottish footballers as examples.

In the case of Lithgow - what he did was fucking horrendous but he served the punishment that the court deemed appropriate, hasn't committed another crime since, has taken the 2nd chance that football offered him and has built a solid and reliable career with it. He'll live with the consequences and punishment, by being on the sex offenders register, for the rest of his life. But as I said previously, he has obviously modified his behaviour and character since and the club are rightly giving him a chance.

Adam Strachan on the other hand is clearly a fucknugget: a serial offender with no regard for the law, his victims or previous actions. His career has deservedly went down the pan.

It's really dependent on a number of factors - no one case is the same. It depends on the crime, the intent, the consequences, the punishment and how they act/reintegrate themselves into society once their sentence has passed.

I'll use two Scottish footballers as examples.

I

n the case of Lithgow - what he did was fucking horrendous but he served punishment that the court deemed appropriate, hasn't committed another crime since, has taken the 2nd chance that football offered him and has built a solid and reliable career with it. He'll live with the consequences and punishment, by being on the sex offenders register, for the rest of his life. But as I said previously, he has obviously modified his behaviour and character since and the club are rightly giving him a chance.

Adam Strachan on the other hand is clearly a fucknugget: a serial offender with no regard for the law, his victims or previous actions. His career has deservedly went down the pan.

On the scale of things, Lithgows actions were not 'fucking horrendous' . They were offensive, as in an offense.

Good grief man.

On the scale of things, Lithgows actions were not 'fucking horrendous' . They were offensive, as in an offense.

Good grief man.

Yes, quite clearly it was an offence. A "fucking horrendous" one at that. Hence why he was subsequently punished in court.

Archived