They've done their time

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funny thing is, over the past 5/6 years he's probably played 10/15 games at Airdrie and not one fan battered an eye lid. He'll play that amount there this season and it's an outrage hahaha.

He's had abuse shouted at him every single time he's played against Airdrie since it happened (certainly in the games I've seen).

I don't understand why there is so much ill feeling being directed towards Lithgow, we have had a convicted murderer ordained as a Church of Scotland Minister and it is only a matter of time before killer Oscar Pistorius is restored to competition, several high focus politicians have been "rehabilitated" after doing nasty things so Lithgow's crime, which he has served his time for is very small beer

I don't understand why there is so much ill feeling being directed towards Lithgow, we have had a convicted murderer ordained as a Church of Scotland Minister and it is only a matter of time before killer Oscar Pistorius is restored to competition, several high focus politicians have been "rehabilitated" after doing nasty things so Lithgow's crime, which he has served his time for is very small beer

Given some of our fans' dubious pasts too I find it amusing that they can take the moral high - ground.

I dont think it's as simple as the question posed in the op.

A one off mistake like that of Lithgow - yes. I would've signed him when we had him in pre season a few years back but there were some that reacted badly and he wasn't given a contract despite impressing on the pitch.

The likes of Paul McGowan is an entirely different matter. He hasn't learned from his mistakes and should not be in such a privileged position.

He's hardly a role model and whilst I don't necessarily agree that all footballers should behave angelically and be a role model, kids DO look up to these guys. You can at least look at Lithgow and see that he's learned from it. The same can't be said for nasty bellends like McGowan.

We had Phil McGuire and Kevin Harper in our team a few years back. Harper admitted in court to kicking, punching and spitting on a woman. McGuire got community service for dragging his missus out of bed (with their two year old in the bed) and kicking and punching her. McGuire's case was prior to joining us and Harper was convicted whilst with us. In fact, on another thread it took no time to come up with a Pars bad boy team of wife beaters, pimps, drug dealers, theives....and that was just big Leishman!

Isn't the point of the justice system to punish, compensate, rehabilitate etc? If you have a squad of 20 or so young guys there's going to be a few fannies in there just as there would be in any other walk of life. There will be folk who did stuff they regret but still want to make a go of life.

Lithgow's actions were reprehensible but if he and his new employers are prepared for the flak then why not let them get on with it? We can't go through life only facing up to stuff that's perfectly nicey nicey.

Richard Gough went with a rent boy that was above the age of consent- hardly a scandal unless you're a homophobe.

I wasn't sure what happened with Gough to be honest, just knew there was somw.controversy and no one really discussed it

Archived