Bathgate Thistle

Guest chavez

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing better than expected but helped out today by some dodgy keeping and the worst penalty call I've seen in donkeys years for the 2nd goal.

Had a lot of the ball in the first half but didnt make the keeper have to save the ball once, then went behind when I think it was Number 2 switched off and allowed ball and man to get behind him.

Second half and they made the possession count, keeper caught in no mans land for the leveller, awful penalty call for the 2nd and then the keeper failing to hold a trundler for the 3rd.

Deserved win, doing well but dont see them being in the mix come the end of the season but if they can build on what they have then they could be a team to watch next season.

As they say it's a funny old game. This match hinged on two penalty decisions. Oakley denied a stonewaller hand ball in 1st half denying a goal.

2-0 at half time and we have a different game.

Bathgate penalty was as quoted "worst penalty call I have seen"

Referees can get a bad press but this one was poor for both teams. Fortunately the big calls he got wrong went for Bathgate.

It was an enjoyable game to watch with both teams playing some nice football.

• 3 weeks later...

A very good performance today by Bathgate against Superleague team Bonnyrigg Rose, Bonnyrigg showed why they are league contenders with some lovely play at times in what was a close game throughout, Bathgate worked hard all game until a Bonnyrigg header in the 94th minute won this difficult cup tie.

All credit to the whole squad today who are moving in the right direction.

Another shocking performance by the referee at the Kennoway Bathgate game. Sending off the Bathgate keeper with 15 mins gone when it was never a red card even Kennoway said that, every time we get him he sends a man off but full credit to the guys for getting a 2-2 draw from the game today.

Bathgate will come back building a good team just like Whitburn takes time but showing good progress spent a lot of money on park and ground now trying to put a team that will get us back in super league

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Archived