The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Anywhere ye need to sit down is a shite ground.

This includes East End Park.

edit to add:

Anywhere that wont let ye have a fag is also a shite ground.

East End Park is a doubley shite ground.

If you can't go 2 hours without a fag, you need to take a step back and take a look at yourself tbh :lol: Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Different Morton team each half comprising 4/5 first team players, 4/5 development squad boys and a couple of trialists.  Pretty comfortable throughout and all the players on trial mentioned in the Tele the other night looked decent but hard to tell against the level of opposition.  Bounce game, nothing more.

Suppose we could always bankrupt the club and build a new ground to suit you better. Get it up you. 

Meant to Green dot you. Hit Red by mistake ... sorry! a bit pished .. hic :(

Goalkeepers:

Derek Gaston

Andy McNeil

Jamie McGowan

Defenders:

Michael Doyle (signed from St Johnstone)

Lee Kilday

Tam O'Ware

Ricki Lamie

Mark Russell

John Tennent( promoted from youth squad)

Midfielders:

Connor Pepper

Ross Forbes

Michael Tidser

Dylan Stevenson ( promoted from youth squad)

Jai Quitongo ( promoted from youth squad)

Strikers:

Jon Scullion

Thomas Orr ( promoted from youth squad)

Garry Oliver ( Signed from Queen of the South)

Looking at the current squad list I think we need an experienced centre half and preferably another option at left back as I don't think we have enough strength in depth in those areas. Should be fine at right back with Doyle, pepper and kilday.

In midfield we are very short of wingers. At the very least 2 need to come in and hopefully a defensive midfielder.

Up front is probably our weakest area just now. Again I think we need at least 2 strikers in.

All of this depends on where Duffy sees each players main position I.e. Is pepper going to be a fullback, centre mid or a winger or is oware going to be deployed at centre half or centre mid. Don't think anyone could second guess the managers thoughts on this!

The players budget and loan market will also have a huge impact on who else we bring in. On the whole Duffy has made good decisions when adding to the squad. Here's hoping he gets it right again this year.