The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

15 hours ago, virginton said:

Iredale started very badly but settled in the second half.

Very badly defensively, yes. Williamson had him absolutely on toast, and even considering the non-existent defensive help Iredale was given by Ross, he was beaten all ends up pretty much every time.

Having said that, I thought throughout the game he was much more composed than O'Ware and Luca on the ball (not that that's difficult), and was at least more useful going forward than Rusell has been in a while.

26 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Lol. I gave Tetragrammaton a couple of reddies yesterday and he decides to go back and go on a red dot spree :lol:.

It's a child ffs. You're not the first person to do that and get the red dot treatment. About time more people stopped giving it attention.

51 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

What's the score with Forbes injury?  

I like Forbes and last season he was so important to us, but he has offered very little this season and we have looked better since he has been out the team.

He was carrying an injury so perhaps that is a reason for his poor form and hopefully the rest allows him to recover fully but he shouldn't automatically walk into the team, our midfield 4 should stay the same for the foreseeable.

When he is back to full fitness, he will be a great option to come off the bench.

1 hour ago, madton said:

I like Forbes and last season he was so important to us, but he has offered very little this season and we have looked better since he has been out the team.

He was carrying an injury so perhaps that is a reason for his poor form and hopefully the rest allows him to recover fully but he shouldn't automatically walk into the team, our midfield 4 should stay the same for the foreseeable.

When he is back to full fitness, he will be a great option to come off the bench.

Yes, I would agree with that.  Was just wondering what was happening as last I heard he had a knee injury was was being rested for a couple of games. But hasn't been seen since and hadn't heard anything

Russell looks delighted that big Iredale has scored a screamer!:lol:

Unfortunately for him, Jack has came in and seemingly secured that left back position within 2 games.

He has been our first choice left for the last 3 1/2 seasons but perhaps Iredale coming in is the kick up the arse Russell needs as he has failed to kick on from the early promise he showed a couple of seasons back. He still has the potential to be a good player for us but will be interesting to see how he reacts to Iredale taking his position.