The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:07, Colkitto said:

We know there is a player there with Luca as he was very good for us previously. The Duff will sort him out...

Duffy also said we are looking out for another player up front. I'm hoping this is someone who can play wide. A position that has not been filled since the start of the season. Why we are only looking in the middle of November is beyond me

Luca could be one of those players that do well at a particular club and be crap everywhere else.  I was delighted when we signed him as looked a player when we played Morton, sadly that notion quickly wore off and bar one good performance v Hibs he soon turned into a carthorse. Duffy will probably need a month or two working with him just trying to get the weight off  and give him a diet sheet that doesn't involve Nando's, McDonalds, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Looks like our u-20s had a proper heads gone performance against your lot today - we lost 3-1 and had three men sent off :lol:

I actually really wish I'd seen it.

Ditto - sounds as if it was quite a game! 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Looks like our u-20s had a proper heads gone performance against your lot today - we lost 3-1 and had three men sent off :lol:

How long is it now since you last beat us? ;) 

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

It was 3-0 before the first sending off  65th minute then the 10 men managed a goal.  The other two got sent off in 89th and 93rd minutes so too late to be a much of a factor on the outcome.

23 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

It was 3-0 before the first sending off  65th minute then the 10 men managed a goal.  The other two got sent off in 89th and 93rd minutes so too late to be a much of a factor on the outcome.

Fair enough. Decent performance, then - our u-20s aren't terrible.

31 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair enough. Decent performance, then - our u-20s aren't terrible.

Its  encouraging.  I am not sure of the rules on over age players in youth cup but our entire team were youth academy products and a few of them are catching the eye with some starting appear around the fringes of the first team.  One of our centre backs is 15 and looks a prospect.  Three or four others have a real chance.