Tri-TON

The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Belter! :thumsup2

1. DNZs9iNW4AUrq9I.jpg

Looking all set to go for Tour De France 2018.

I've only seen us play St.Mirren this year (both home and away). With reasons of availability and money - £20 to watch utter shite every week - and that fact that we as fans have had absolutely nothing to be happy about since February.

I'm a big fan of Duffy, I think he talks a good game, good with the press and has got 3 good seasons - his first being a bit lucky - but I fully believe that he's got us as far as he can, and if not then it's down to our utterly painfully pessimistic board.

We achieved the League Cup semis last year, 2 home games to St.Mirren, Dundee United and Hibs as well as a Scottish Cup match at Ibrox and managed a play off spot. We have a much lighter squad, and after dropping the wage bill and the extra income we received last season, what have we to show for it? Utter mediocrity.

Where do Morton train ?.,Queens under 13s played Morton on Sunday think in Port Glasgow .A friend was at the game very impressed with the set up you have for your young players

19 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Where do Morton train ?.,Queens under 13s played Morton on Sunday think in Port Glasgow .A friend was at the game very impressed with the set up you have for your young players

The 13's game was at Parklea Community Stadium. I've no idea if that's actually where they train or not.

15 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The 13's game was at Parklea Community Stadium. I've no idea if that's actually where they train or not.

It is. 

On 31/10/2017 at 19:06, LargsTON said:

Looking all set to go for Tour De France 2018.

Or the 2.30 at Chepstow.

On 11/4/2017 at 18:35, Tri-TON said:

I've only seen us play St.Mirren this year (both home and away). With reasons of availability and money - £20 to watch utter shite every week - and that fact that we as fans have had absolutely nothing to be happy about since February.

I'm a big fan of Duffy, I think he talks a good game, good with the press and has got 3 good seasons - his first being a bit lucky - but I fully believe that he's got us as far as he can, and if not then it's down to our utterly painfully pessimistic board.

We achieved the League Cup semis last year, 2 home games to St.Mirren, Dundee United and Hibs as well as a Scottish Cup match at Ibrox and managed a play off spot. We have a much lighter squad, and after dropping the wage bill and the extra income we received last season, what have we to show for it? Utter mediocrity.

1. Being 'good with the press' is absolutely irrelevant to the task of actually managing a professional football team; he is free to resign his post and focus on his media work any time.

2. This is the third season, in which he failed to get out of a weak League Cup group and is sitting in the bottom half of a weak division. That is not a good season by any credible measurement as it stands. 

3. Finishing a distant 4th and being horsed out of the play-offs 6-1 at the first time of asking is not a credible achievement. 

4. You can't blame the 'pessimistic board' for this season's shan results and yet praise Duffy for last season at the same time, given that the budget has been (only slightly) increased from last season.  No one is expecting the team to romp the division with the resources at Duffy's disposal: what they are expecting is year on year progress. That is the job of a football manager. Instead, Duffy has failed to replace key players like Lindsay who have left, failed to use his much-vaunted 'contacts in the game' to bring in credible loan signings to strengthen the squad, failed at putting together a solid set of defensive options, that can provide either competition at right-back or effective cover for when either O'Ware or Kilday are injured: two players who Duffy knew were undergoing surgery for existing injuries at the start of the transfer window.

His tactical tombola, baffling substitutions and a failure to organise basic set-piece defending remain in place, but it is quite clearly Duffy's atrocious squadbuilding efforts that are responsible for this season's largely shan performances and utterly mediocre results: not the board and not anyone else. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

1664-0-1448013994.jpg

Concise, succinct & to the point.

Well done. Took vt about 300 words of patronising flannellette  pish to fail to reach that stage........

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:20, Colkitto said:

Belter! :thumsup2

1. DNZs9iNW4AUrq9I.jpg

Been in therapy for a while.

Do we get a vote on this or does Dougie Hawke pick the winner ?

Only negative its a bit tight around the baws, might increase the female fan base numbers.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 13:56, Scosha said:

Only complaint I have is the hoops aren’t completely horizontal. 

Yes that's what makes it different and will identify it in years to come. 

Hmm, just been rid-dotted 6 times in 2 minutes by the finch road gink. Must be doing something right then, hope I can keep it up! 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:38, Rudolph Hucker said:

Hmm, just been rid-dotted 6 times in 2 minutes by the finch road gink. Must be doing something right then, hope I can keep it up! 

You're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak!

6 hours ago, Chris Morris said:

You're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak!

If you take people's profile pics at face value do you also  believe that div is Batman?

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

8 hours ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Happy to see Luca rejoining until January.

Heard he hasn't been particularly great for Falkirk since joining them but he was very good here. Hopefully can slot right back in.

Just now, TonMan said:

Heard he hasn't been particularly great for Falkirk since joining them but he was very good here. Hopefully can slot right back in.

He hasnt been fit since start of the season, in fact he was none too lively when he signed. If he laid off the big macs a tad he might fare a bit better. As it is he's overweight, slow and has a bigger backside than Loy and thats saying summat. Good luck with him! 

Luca will, of course, immediately become the best CH in the league! 

We know there is a player there with Luca as he was very good for us previously. The Duff will sort him out...

Duffy also said we are looking out for another player up front. I'm hoping this is someone who can play wide. A position that has not been filled since the start of the season. Why we are only looking in the middle of November is beyond me