The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Given the role McKeown played in the Clutha fire and the fact that he gave up a career as a fireman to have one last crack at being a full time footballer , and quite apart from the fact that he is a Morton player one would expect the natural reaction of any decent human being to be empathy. Instead what does VT do but take this event to have a dig at me because in his mind McKeown is my pick. In fact what I said was that with such a poor defence and a budget for only 4 signings Morton were right not to sign Barr given his rrecent history and lack of game time. I still think that risk assessment was right. Time might prove me wrong but I am certainly not hoping Barr gets crocked just to prove me right. Morton need to aim to be better than the rest not hope the rest become worse than us. For some reason VT has me down as a McKeown fan. In truth I don' t know much about him but VT s attempt to rubbish him based on our last game at Stranraer were way off beam and I took issue with him as he showed no awareness of our tactical set up on that day. As usual he

left that hanging with one of his inane put downs. He the insecure little nonentity thinks this is a chance to lord it over someone. Shame on him.

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

Gasparotto was superb for us last season, won Young Player of the Year and probably could/should have won Player of the Year, he's a far better defender than McKeown. Championship is a step up in class from playing against most of the carthorses that call themselves strikers in League One however, so will be interesting to see how he does.

I haven't been to any games yet this season but Friday night shall be my first. From what I've read I can see Peaso hitting the net. McCluskey is he can actually compose himself instead of bottling it (Partick at home rings a bell). Forbes can hit a decent shot too. I'd say we've got a scoring threat from everywhere on the pitch.

While that does sound a tremendous signing - he's a regular starter for Wolves and they paid a high six-figure fee for him two years ago so why they'd be loaning him out I don't know - and I'm not opposed to signing a left back, a right back and holding midfielder are far bigger priorities. There are question marks over Russell's defensive capabilities and he'd benefit from competition, as well as giving us the option of trying him further forward instead of persisting with McCluskey, but of all the players who are unproven at this level he's the most likely to be capable of stepping up.

At right back and holding midfield we have the same problem of no competition, but also know the players we have starting there aren't good enough. So, while this would be on paper a great signing if true, I hope we still have the budget to bring another two in.