The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Erm no - when you claim that the reason why Aberdeen attract players from west-central Scotland is due to a transfer policy of letting under contract players leave for a pittance (uncited), then this onus is entirely on you to provide evidence for this bullshit assertion.

Fairly straightforward stuff - but given your ducking, diving and dodging so far I don't think we'll be holding our breath waiting on a credible response.

"west-central Scotland" :lol: So it's now changed from coasts & peninsulas?

What a fucking bellend.

Ha nice try Gollum but you waded in in reponse to Colkitto's point about the adverse effect on clubs reputation if it denies development players the opportunity to better themselves elsewhere. We are already beaten to the best of the youngsters, by Aberdeen and others so have exactly is stuffing Russell going to encourage others to come our way. Is our edge to be that we become contractual pedants?

It's absolutely clear that Morton can be beaten to the best youngsters by the likes of Aberdeen for a few self-evident reasons, being

1) their long-established scouting network in the region

2) Their massively higher reputation as a professional club

3) their vastly superior resources and facilities on offer to players

None of this, incidentally, is going to be significantly changed by anything GMFC does; that's how football works. What has not been established, however, is that Aberdeen attract these players by an implicit willingness to the players with the highest transfer value on their books walk out the door for next to nothing, with twelve months remaining on their contract. Until you put up this evidence for this bullshit claim, then your entire contribution to this discussion will remain utterly irrelevant nonsense.

"west-central Scotland" :lol: So it's now changed from coasts & peninsulas?

What a fucking bellend.

It was actually 'Branch Ton' who cited 'West of Scotland' as the region being discussed; I'd presume that absolutely no-one is concerned about youth football development in Oban, so the term has been amended to make it more accurate. Cute to see yet another desperate effort to gain relevance by yourself turning into an absolute disaster for you though.

Better luck next time.

It was actually 'Branch Ton' who cited 'West of Scotland' as the region being discussed; I'd presume that absolutely no-one is concerned about youth football development in Oban, so the term has been amended to make it more accurate. Cute to see yet another desperate effort to gain relevance by yourself turning into an absolute disaster for you though.

Better luck next time.

It's cute to see you dig your own grave. Maybe your catchphrases were funny one time. But it's now repetitive, boring & predictable.

Just stop it. You aren't witty nor funny. Let go.

Well, I agree with one thing. The Greenock Morton thread - It IS better than ours. This is rare old read, our thread is vanilla by comparison.

This is simply a watered down, less populated version of the Morton forum.

Both are eye bleeding at the best of times.

It's absolutely clear that Morton can be beaten to the best youngsters by the likes of Aberdeen for a few self-evident reasons, being

1) their long-established scouting network in the region

2) Their massively higher reputation as a professional club

3) their vastly superior resources and facilities on offer to players

None of this, incidentally, is going to be significantly changed by anything GMFC does; that's how football works. What has not been established, however, is that Aberdeen attract these players by an implicit willingness to the players with the highest transfer value on their books walk out the door for next to nothing, with twelve months remaining on their contract. Until you put up this evidence for this bullshit claim, then your entire contribution to this discussion will remain utterly irrelevant nonsense.

VT loves to use the word "irrelevant", perhaps thats what people called him in his childhood,and its stuck in his head.

Edited by thomas 62

Ha nice try Gollum but you waded in in reponse to Colkitto's point about the adverse effect on clubs reputation if it denies development players the opportunity to better themselves elsewhere. We are already beaten to the best of the youngsters, by Aberdeen and others so have exactly is stuffing Russell going to encourage others to come our way. Is our edge to be that we become contractual pedants?

Are you still googling about NMW before you reply on the money point?

Mark Russell being on £90 p/w is the worst kept secret at the club. It's pretty much common knowledge.

Well, I agree with one thing. The Greenock Morton thread - It IS better than ours. This is rare old read, our thread is vanilla by comparison.

This is just par for the course. We all hate each other.

Mark Russell being on £90 p/w is the worst kept secret at the club. It's pretty much common knowledge.

So in respect of season 2014/15 Mark Russell was paid just £4680? And the source for that info is?

All development players get the same wage - which is around £90 a week. They get an extra £30 if they make the bench and I think it may be a wee bit extra if they play. I know a development player my self who told me that info, fairly reliable source.

So in respect of season 2014/15 Mark Russell was paid just £4680? And the source for that info is?

All development players get the same wage - which is around £90 a week. They get an extra £30 if they make the bench and I think it may be a wee bit extra if they play. I know a development player my self who told me that info, fairly reliable source.

As I was saying, common knowledge. I found it hard to believe the first time I heard it too but have also had it confirmed since.

You may recall that I posted on the thread in the League 1 forum a few weeks back regarding getting a group of fans together to do maintenance work down at Cappielow over the summer. Well it hasn't been forgotten about!

I was down at Cappielow earlier this evening having a walkround with Crawford Rae and Mark Farrell, looking at what work was needing done etc. There will be a lot of scraping and painting needing done of crush barriers, walls, railings etc.

It was proposed that we could get into Cappielow to do the work on the weekends of 20-21 June and 27-28 June, together with a couple of Thursday nights, the 18th and 25th of June, between around 5 and 8pm.

If those who would be interested in helping out could let me know which dates would be suitable for them, I can feed this back to Crawford to enable the club to have sufficient paint/brushes etc for those coming down.

Cheers, Darren.

Alright, everything has now been confirmed for 10am on Saturday morning for those volunteers that have offered to help out with painting etc at Cappielow. The club have arranged for an experienced painter to come in and give us some pointers and general instructions, just to keep us in the right direction.

So, see you guys at Cappielow on Saturday morning.