The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

How has Jon Scullion looked for you lot? My mate used to be coach the U11s at St. Mirren and always raved about the kid, saying if he went down the right path he could make something really big of his career. He used to be wheeled out at half time at Love Street when he was about 7 or 8 and do all sorts of brilliant tricks with the ball and we used to have to fend Rangers off with a shitty stick from poaching him on an almost monthly basis.

Was really surprised when he was shown the door at 18 without starting a game, just based on my mate constantly raving about him and his ability, even at 15 and 16.

Edited by djchapsticks

How has Jon Scullion looked for you lot? My mate used to be coach the U11s at St. Mirren and always raved about the kid, saying if he went down the right path he could make something really big of his career. He used to be wheeled out at half time at Love Street when he was about 7 or 8 and do all sorts of brilliant tricks with the ball and we used to have to fend Rangers off with a shitty stick from poaching him on an almost monthly basis.

Was really surprised when he was shown the door at 18 without starting a game, just based on my mate constantly raving about him and his ability, even at 15 and 16.

His technical ability is outstanding, physically needs to be worked on

He looks a good player. Got a great touch and a decent strike on him too. He made an impact in most matches he played for us last season. Most notably 2 assists in the game where we beat Stenny 3-2 at home after being 2-0 down- i think he came on around the 75th minute.

Yeah, and he doesn't suit Duffy's long ball tactics, considering he's about 5ft tall :lol:

Yeah, he was always tiny. That was always my mate's main concern about him, he said he was an absolute piss taker though when it came to technical ability against his peers.

How's Pepper getting on? Always thought he had something but Butcher never gave him a look in at Caley.

Edit - He also bought me a lovely pint of Belhaven Best once when he was steaming, just because I asked him to, which he did to his credit.

Edited by TheScarf

Looks like Russell is offski.

Who the f**k deals with transfers at the club?? Apparently a 5-figure sum is good enough to take him from the club but we are aspiring to have youth systems such as Falkirk and Accies who can sell players for £500k plus and not to mention we lost our two best players for a total of £80k was it?

That would be a boot right in the stones, although not surprising as he's a cracking player. All the best to him, regardless of what happens.

We need to get the finger out here and actually get players tied down/make worthwhile signings if we're to have a pop at this level.