The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

On 15/06/2018 at 11:44, Jamie_M said:

I know you lot are still seething that we pinched Telfer from your clutches at the last minute (sweet revenge for McManus IMHO) but that doesn't mean we are interested in the rest of your shopping list.

You left Gillespie off your list here though, apparently we are.... nah, we're not.

Seeing as you are flapping and digging for info, go find out where Cardle and Loy are on holiday. The winger we're interested in is in Tenerife, and the striker is in Mexico. Have fun.

Loy isn't on holiday so you can score him off the list.

15 hours ago, k-ton said:

He does have a lovely voice. 

More good news! 

I see that Brian Wake has left his management job in Sweden. He was doing well enough out there, but I admire his timing - tho I don't think there was ever much chance of him washing up at Morton I think we dodged a potential bullet there. Much better off with Ray, an experienced manager who knows the Scottish game and players.

59 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I see that Brian Wake has left his management job in Sweden. He was doing well enough out there, but I admire his timing - tho I don't think there was ever much chance of him washing up at Morton I think we dodged a potential bullet there. Much better off with Ray, an experienced manager who knows the Scottish game and players.

He must be coming out of retirement to lead us to glory!

Ran a google translate on a story about his departure (I don't speak Swedish).  Turns out he was just horny:

"I want to work with football but do not have a specific offer right now, but I'm open and available for work. Now I will travel down to Denmark and greet my girlfriend."

http://www.nsd.se/sport/darfor-lamnar-ifk-tranaren-nm4858472.aspx

1 hour ago, Dynamo Fuchtherest said:

Who is McKinnon's number 2? I know there was talk of Laurie Ellis but nothing as came from the club stating McKinnon's assistant

Not seen anything confirmed and only McKinnon is listed on the official site. Darren Taylor is clearly at the club as several players have mentioned him but not sure in what capacity. He's been a Coach and a Director of Football as part of McKinnon's setup before so who knows.

23 minutes ago, madton said:

Strapp signs on for 1 year.

Good backup to Iredale.

Strapp is a Football Manager 2017 legend for me lol!  He was my first choice left back as I got Morton promoted at the first time asking

Pretty poor signing.

Yes, he's more than likely going to be back up. However, Ray wanted Cammy Bell and Gaston to compete for the number one jersey, and Scully isn't the same standard as Bell unfortunately. Is he anymore of an upgrade of Brennan? I doubt it.