The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Will be gutted to see him go but if his hearts not in it, might as well move on, we make a few quid and allows McKinnon to bring in his own striker(s).

Will be interesting to see how his career develops. Hope for his sake he has a full season and kicks on, just not in our league!!

What are we likely to make in compo, 40-50k?

Jai is a class player and could have a bright future ahead if he stays fit and adds goals to his game. Would love to see him in a Morton shirt next season but good luck to the kid if he has a better offer elsewhere.

Jai is a class player and could have a bright future ahead if he stays fit and adds goals to his game. Would love to see him in a Morton shirt next season but good luck to the kid if he has a better offer elsewhere.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Ross County. No reason to say that, other than he’d be a good fit.

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Ross County. No reason to say that, other than he’d be a good fit.

Imagine him playing up front with a midfield of McAlister, Telfer, Millar and Tidser. He would get much better service than he would have had before.

Edit if you were a Morton fan of course :lol: 

Edited by IainMorton

Just now, Wee Sandy said:

Rumours going around that  Ray McK is looking at Joe Cardle, Willo Flood and Rory Loy? 

Anyone in the know about this at Morton?

He said the other day he’s happy with our central midfield options so the Flood one is thankfully pish. 

39 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Rumours going around that  Ray McK is looking at Joe Cardle, Willo Flood and Rory Loy? 

Only rumours doing the rounds is Gary Miller and Lewis Vaughan. Peter Grant was mentioned a while back but appears to have been rubbish.

Would happily take Cardle. Had a great start to the season and pretty much all Pars fans wanted him to stay.  Was he not meant to be going to you guys as a player/coach?

Loy- Meh. 

As Scosha says, he said he is happy with central midfield now- We have Millar, Tidser, Telfer and McAlister for there so doubt Flood is on the radar!

Edited by madton

34 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

I know you lot are still seething that we pinched Telfer from your clutches at the last minute (sweet revenge for McManus IMHO) but that doesn't mean we are interested in the rest of your shopping list.

You left Gillespie off your list here though, apparently we are.... nah, we're not.

Seeing as you are flapping and digging for info, go find out where Cardle and Loy are on holiday. The winger we're interested in is in Tenerife, and the striker is in Mexico. Have fun.

37 minutes ago, madton said:

Gary Oliver signs on for another year.

Happy with that. The way Ray wants to play will suit his game. 

Definitely. Instead of having long balls launched at him against players much bigger than him. 

Hopefully Ray will get Gary sharper in the box. One thing that’s really let him down is having zero confidence to shoot when he gets a chance. 

I imagine you've already had plenty input from Saints fans on the Chris Millar signing and I'm probably not adding anything new, but I'm going ahead with it anyway..

Chris Millar is easily still good enough to be playing Premiership. He fell out of favour with our manager for a reason that's not very clear, but I would still have him in our starting team for another season without hesitation.

He brings a calmness in possession few others do in Scotland. Forget the Chris Millar you had before, his game has completely changed. He sits in front of the defence, goes looking for it off the back 4 all the time, spins away from trouble and sprays passes. He makes others around him get on the ball plenty and lifts the team performance by getting everyone involved. Occasionally he will try to do too much and have possession nicked but it's rare. He will also win the ball back a lot, and be a leader for your team.

He will not score or set up any chances, that's not his game these days.

If he stays fit, and there's no reason to doubt he will, he will comfortably be in the top three players in the division this season and I think you will stand a great chance of making the play-offs. At times you will think you've signed Pirlo, such will be his ability to retain possession in crowded situations.

Enjoy.

4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I imagine you've already had plenty input from Saints fans on the Chris Millar signing and I'm probably not adding anything new, but I'm going ahead with it anyway..

Chris Millar is easily still good enough to be playing Premiership. He fell out of favour with our manager for a reason that's not very clear, but I would still have him in our starting team for another season without hesitation.

He brings a calmness in possession few others do in Scotland. Forget the Chris Millar you had before, his game has completely changed. He sits in front of the defence, goes looking for it off the back 4 all the time, spins away from trouble and sprays passes. He makes others around him get on the ball plenty and lifts the team performance by getting everyone involved. Occasionally he will try to do too much and have possession nicked but it's rare. He will also win the ball back a lot, and be a leader for your team.

If he stays fit, and there's no reason to doubt he will, he will comfortably be in the top three players in the division this season and I think you will stand a great chance of making the play-offs. At times you will think you've signed Pirlo, such will be his ability to retain possession in crowded situations.

Enjoy.

Chris, it’s cool mate, we’re pleased you’re back! :P

Enjoy.

I've just shat my load reading that.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:44, Jamie_M said:

I know you lot are still seething that we pinched Telfer from your clutches at the last minute (sweet revenge for McManus IMHO) but that doesn't mean we are interested in the rest of your shopping list.

You left Gillespie off your list here though, apparently we are.... nah, we're not.

Seeing as you are flapping and digging for info, go find out where Cardle and Loy are on holiday. The winger we're interested in is in Tenerife, and the striker is in Mexico. Have fun.

I think his 5 goals in 34 appearances was enough vindication for us :lol: