The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

If that's the case it's disgraceful as it's a decision for the new manager to make, but rumours like this fly around all the time when players leave and I don't see any reason to believe it.
If it does come out that Hawke or whoever has told him to go then the person responsible has serious questions to answer, but the most logical explanation is that he wasn't willing to wait on the new appointment when he had a offer from elsewhere.

IMG_4644.jpg

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

So if Live make the premiership their manager is not going to get a new contract.  You actually believe that.  

Different people mate. I don't even think they're related.

Livi manager.jpg

Hairy genius.jpg

17 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

At this early stage, I'm struggling to see which teams will actually finish below Morton next season. 

Don't you worry your wee manky cotton socks about us.. you need to find a team to finish above first!

8 minutes ago, madton said:

Don't you worry your wee manky cotton socks about us.. you need to find a team to finish above first!

Guaranteed to finish above Morton

Just now, IainMorton said:

So, you've just lost your POTY and top league scorer because theres no one to offer contracts. Seems legit.

Seems a very fair stance from Morton but at the same time you can't really blame any players for accepting deals elsewhere. It would be daft of them to hang around only to be told they wont be offered a new deal and having any other clubs who offered them something move on to secure other targets instead.

I suppose it hightlights the need to appoint someone fairly quickly or risk losing some of the better out of contract players.

5 minutes ago, madton said:

We'll stay up, I'm not worried. And even if we come down, we'll go back up before Morton even get close. That's got to hurt.

7 minutes ago, Cowshed118 said:

Same person who gave Jack Iredale one?

The club explained why they offered any player under 23 a contract. They are doing the best that they can possibly do here. Hopefully we’ll have a manager in by the end of this week/early next week and we can get it all sorted. 

The club explained why they offered any player under 23 a contract. They are doing the best that they can possibly do here. Hopefully we’ll have a manager in by the end of this week/early next week and we can get it all sorted. 

The club statement came out after my original discussion with niketon where he told me i was making things up, he was later proved wrong.

1 hour ago, Cowshed118 said:

IMG_4644.jpg

18 minutes ago, Cowshed118 said:

The club statement came out after my original discussion with niketon where he told me i was making things up, he was later proved wrong.

That isn't evidence that Harkins was told he wouldn't receive an offer, as you claimed. That's evidence that Harkins hadn't had an offer yet, which is entirely consistent with the club's statement and is the correct approach. 

Before the club statement I had already heard that after Iredale no other player would be offered a contract until the new man came in. That's why I told you to stop making things up.

That isn't evidence that Harkins was told he wouldn't receive an offer, as you claimed. That's evidence that Harkins hadn't had an offer yet, which is entirely consistent with the club's statement and is the correct approach. 

Looks like Gary wasn't prepared to wait about and fair play to him