The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

For me he would be better playing just behind strikers  he has ball control and speed. I still can't see where we would need him we have more than enough  quality cover. Reilly will sign once promotion is confirmed until then his salary can not be worked out I would imagine.  

Quitongo most definitely doesn't have ball control. It's one of many things he needs to work on.

1 hour ago, niketon said:

Quitongo most definitely doesn't have ball control. It's one of many things he needs to work on.

You guy's will know better certainly Saints fans seem impressed from our games together. Morton should keep an eye on Stellios I honestly think Ross will let him go come the summer of course I could be wrong he is a good player our fans love but ( if ) we get promoted I'm not sure he is good enough for the top league. Sutton is another that will be off he is past his best but still offers something up front.  Edit - Morton could go up of course you are better than United.  

Edited by Demented Zebra

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

You guy's will know better certainly Saints fans seem impressed from our games together. Morton should keep an eye on Stellios I honestly think Ross will let him go come the summer of course I could be wrong he is a good player our fans love but ( if ) we get promoted I'm not sure he is good enough for the top league. Sutton is another that will be off he is past his best but still offers something up front.  Edit - Morton could go up of course you are better than United.  

Stelios :lol: When we already have 4 left backs we'd prefer over him.

He will rightfully wash up at Dumbarton/Ayr Utd, whichever one is in this league next year.

the Ton seem to be hitting form at the right time,  No matter of all bitterness/banter whatever you want to call it i'd always rather be in the same league as our smelly neighbours :)  ,  There is absolutely no way i want it to be the championship though so let's hope we both keep up the form lol

5 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

the Ton seem to be hitting form at the right time,  No matter of all bitterness/banter whatever you want to call it i'd always rather be in the same league as our smelly neighbours :)  ,  There is absolutely no way i want it to be the championship though so let's hope we both keep up the form lol

Would be a small miracle if that happened. Need to come top 4 and that is hard enough when fighting it out with Livvy, Pars, Queens and ICT.

Then the small task of winning probably three  2 legged play off games. ( unless DU arse really collapses and second place suddenly becomes realistic for the chasing pack)

You lot have been rank rotten for a few years now and been in our shadow for a few years running so It's only fair you have your wee moment in the sun before it returns to normality!

1 minute ago, madton said:

Would be a small miracle if that happened. Need to come top 4 and that is hard enough when fighting it out with Livvy, Pars, Queens and ICT.

Then the small task of winning probably three  2 legged play off games. ( unless DU arse really collapses and second place suddenly becomes realistic for the chasing pack)

No harder for us than any of the others there, as our league position shows. I'd add Dundee United to that list of teams as they don't really seem to be much better than the rest of us. Livingston are already within touching distance at only a point behind. The playoff games you're right about of course. It's already been shown that it's not easy to come away from that with promotion.

Only St. Mirren are out in front now. Dundee United, along with everyone else, is in the same battle as us. There's no reason why we can't push for that top four spot.

Stelios [emoji38] When we already have 4 left backs we'd prefer over him.
He will rightfully wash up at Dumbarton/Ayr Utd, whichever one is in this league next year.

He can play one further up or right back. I'd prefer him further forward though

15 minutes ago, madton said:

You lot have been rank rotten for a few years now and been in our shadow for a few years running so It's only fair you have your wee moment in the sun before it returns to normality!

Too far above us by a point and cant remember how many last year!!

you'll miss us whenever we finally go back up or more your board will miss us

3 minutes ago, BIG BEN said:
11 hours ago, Jamie_M said:
Stelios emoji38.png When we already have 4 left backs we'd prefer over him.

He can play one further up or right back. I'd prefer him further forward though

Super stelios  (he leaves the kids of paisley will be devastated)

19 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

No harder for us than any of the others there, as our league position shows. I'd add Dundee United to that list of teams as they don't really seem to be much better than the rest of us. Livingston are already within touching distance at only a point behind. The playoff games you're right about of course. It's already been shown that it's not easy to come away from that with promotion.

Only St. Mirren are out in front now. Dundee United, along with everyone else, is in the same battle as us. There's no reason why we can't push for that top four spot.

Yeah i'm not saying it would be a difficult for just us, every team will be in the same boat if they want to be playing in the top flight next season.

All 5( or 6 inc DU) teams chasing a playoff spot will find it extremely hard to firstly get there and then secondly win the playoffs and go up.

Quite a few teams will be left disappointed, just hope we aren't one of them!