The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Day 3 of Tetragimp giving me 22 red dots :lol:.

Aww diddums. What a pity you're using your Snapper55 alias to red dot me. What's that 6-7 days now? Having to hide behind an alias. Pathetic! 

download (5).jpg

Edit to add: I didn't think your IQ would be as high as 55!

Edited by Tetragrammaton

57 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:

What’s wrong with ross Forbes for you? Seen he hasn’t played much the last while. He was a big player for Morton last season 

Injured mostly. Now we're playing a bit better he'd not be guaranteed a start when fit anyway.

If he gets more consistent with goals & performances then yes. He single handedly tore Accies & Killie apart last season in the league cup games but hasn’t quite found that level of performance this season. He’ll most likely leave us at the end of the season and I’d much prefer for the sake of his career that he goes up to a team in the league above rather than rotting on a bench down south. 

Even if he moves to your nearest and dearest? [emoji46]. Have heard from the Ton side of things we are interested if we manage to get promoted. Don't know how that would go down on both sides.

From what I have seen he is electric, maybe needs to add more goals to his game and as you say a bit of consistency but he is young.

12 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Even if he moves to your nearest and dearest? emoji46.png. Have heard from the Ton side of things we are interested if we manage to get promoted. Don't know how that would go down on both sides.

From what I have seen he is electric, maybe needs to add more goals to his game and as you say a bit of consistency but he is young.

If we get promoted, I'd hope we'd be signing better players than Jai Quitongo. If we don't get promoted, I'd still hope we'd be signing better players than Jai Quitongo.

50 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Even if he moves to your nearest and dearest? emoji46.png. Have heard from the Ton side of things we are interested if we manage to get promoted. Don't know how that would go down on both sides.

Good player but it won' happen two reasons. First we could not afford what Morton want. Second we have forward players coming out our ears more than I can remember ever having. We just added Hippo and Flynn,  Mullen also. You never know Morton could come up in the play offs which would be great for both clubs. 

If we get promoted, I'd hope we'd be signing better players than Jai Quitongo. If we don't get promoted, I'd still hope we'd be signing better players than Jai Quitongo.

You'll catch at least one with that [emoji39].

Good player but it won' happen two reasons. First we could not afford what Morton want. Second we have forward players coming out our ears more than I can remember ever having. We just added Hippo and Flynn,  Mullen also. You never know Morton could come up in the play offs which would be great for both clubs. 

He's out of contract in 6 months, don't think Morton will be due much compensation as he has only been there 3 seasons? . We have made a fortune in transfer fees and tv money in the last 12 months, plus if we get promoted we will have much more income.

True but we are losing Morgan in the summer and Reilly is out of contract and hasn't signed up yet, Sutton will be out the door.

As I say I haven't heard anything from our side on this and we aren't promoted, just an interesting rumour.

Quitongo isn't good enough for SPFL Ladbrokes Premiership football (yet) IMO.

Doesn't score enough as a striker, although his consistency should improve with experience, and hopefully he won't have as much bad luck with injuries.

He's not great on the wing either.

11 minutes ago, tonnitus said:

Quitongo isn't good enough for SPFL Ladbrokes Premiership football (yet) IMO.

Doesn't score enough as a striker, although his consistency should improve with experience, and hopefully he won't have as much bad luck with injuries.

He's not great on the wing either.

I think a season beside an experienced striker would really help him develop as a player. Can't see Duffy ever signing an experienced striker though.

Just now, Scosha said:

I think a season beside an experienced striker would really help him develop as a player. Can't see Duffy ever signing an experienced striker though.

Bring back Peter Weatherson.

He made a goalscorer out of Archie Campbell, imagine what he could with Quitongo...

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

You'll catch at least one with that emoji39.png.

He's out of contract in 6 months, don't think Morton will be due much compensation as he has only been there 3 seasons? . We have made a fortune in transfer fees and tv money in the last 12 months, plus if we get promoted we will have much more income.

True but we are losing Morgan in the summer and Reilly is out of contract and hasn't signed up yet, Sutton will be out the door.

As I say I haven't heard anything from our side on this and we aren't promoted, just an interesting rumour.

Maybe wrong but have a feeling we will let Stelios go would be a good signing for Morton . Reilly I'm confident will sign. 

Without biting to the obvious wind-up attempt, I'm also not sure Quitongo's ready for a move yet.

If he did get one and was an instant success I wouldn't be surprised, but I still expect him to be here next season. Until he proves he can stay fit for a prolonged period of time clubs aren't likely to take the risk. This goes hand in hand with adding more consistency and goals to his game, as it's obviously a struggle to maintain form when you're missing out through a knock every four or five games. Once he gets up to that level of fitness the performances will follow, but it needs to come next season if he's going to avoid a reputation as an injury prone player.

Without biting to the obvious wind-up attempt, I'm also not sure Quitongo's ready for a move yet.
If he did get one and was an instant success I wouldn't be surprised, but I still expect him to be here next season. Until he proves he can stay fit for a prolonged period of time clubs aren't likely to take the risk. This goes hand in hand with adding more consistency and goals to his game, as it's obviously a struggle to maintain form when you're missing out through a knock every four or five games. Once he gets up to that level of fitness the performances will follow, but it needs to come next season if he's going to avoid a reputation as an injury prone player.

I'm genuinely not at the wind up, was wondering if Ton fans had heard the same that we were sniffing about him, it was a Morton fan that told me. Not saying its going to happen, or even if Jai would sign for us, we might not even go up which would mean there would defo be no chance.

Sounds like he would be worth a punt for a team if the price was right. Also sounds like he needs a season playing 30+ games and to hit double figures in goals too, got a better chance doing that with Morton, you'd imagine.

17 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I'm genuinely not at the wind up, was wondering if Ton fans had heard the same that we were sniffing about him, it was a Morton fan that told me. Not saying its going to happen, or even if Jai would sign for us, we might not even go up which would mean there would defo be no chance.

Sounds like he would be worth a punt for a team if the price was right. Also sounds like he needs a season playing 30+ games and to hit double figures in goals too, got a better chance doing that with Morton, you'd imagine.

For me he would be better playing just behind strikers  he has ball control and speed. I still can't see where we would need him we have more than enough  quality cover. Reilly will sign once promotion is confirmed until then his salary can not be worked out I would imagine.  

20 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Aww diddums. What a pity you're using your Snapper55 alias to red dot me. What's that 6-7 days now? Having to hide behind an alias. Pathetic! 

download (5).jpg

Edit to add: I didn't think your IQ would be as high as 55!

Alias? :lol:. Nothing to do with me. Please feel free to contact admin and ask. 

Hope you put as much effort into finding my posts as you do studying for your exams.