The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

11 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I don't understand, St. Mirren are top of the league by eight points and look like a dead cert to win promotion to the top flight (fair f*cks btw), and yet their fans seem more concerned about Morton? Why not just enjoy it rather than wasting your time with "seaside league" fodder like us?

Because we've had years of being in a higher league than you - and, largely, did enjoy it (if year after year of relegation fights with occasional moments of glory are your thing). As far as I'm aware, you didn't have to endure much 'mind the gap' pish. What you're seeing now is just payback for the Ton fans' reaction to finishing above us for two seasons.

It's been said many times that most of the Morton posters are clearly decent folk, but it can be hard to ignore the really persistent cretins.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Is whammer a wwe word? You like wrestling and steps so pipe down happy clapper.
On another note i wont be back this season, im away chasing money and season ticket is in the bin
f**k the board, f**k duffy and f**k warren hawke. Fucking shambles 

[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

14 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I don't understand, St. Mirren are top of the league by eight points and look like a dead cert to win promotion to the top flight (fair f*cks btw), and yet their fans seem more concerned about Morton? Why not just enjoy it rather than wasting your time with "seaside league" fodder like us?

Surely this isn't serious??  Considering Morton cretin polluted everyone of our threads on a daily basis with mind the gap,  smug photo's  to be fair we've not seen any of these posters in a while must be away back under a rock.  I'm more than certain as soon as something goes wrong they'll be back with a bang.

Unfortunately decent fans like yourself need to deal with the flak while they hide.

I'm just assuming your decent i'm sure you had your fun last year lol

Edited by paisleysaints

14 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Surely this isn't serious??  Considering Morton cretin polluted everyone of our threads on a daily basis with mind the gap,  smug photo's  to be fair we've not seen any of these posters in a while must be away back under a rock.  I'm more than certain as soon as something goes wrong they'll be back with a bang.

Unfortunately decent fans like yourself need to deal with the flak while they hide.

I'm just assuming your decent i'm sure you had your fun last year lol

It was half serious/half banter :)

I’ll admit that I did have a slight chuckle at your early season struggles last year but it didn’t bother me either way if you stayed up or went down. I think we all knew when you gubbed us 4-1 that you were going to stay up.

12 months on and I think it’s only fair that you return the crap that our fans dished out, even though we won’t be bottom of the league at any point this season :P 

18 hours ago, Scosha said:

They are really the only option. It’s a risk, but every business they are involved in is successful. They are at every game most weeks and have invested heavily in sponsorship as well as having one of their “guys” on the board. It’s a matter of when and not if for them to take over. 

Yeah they've really excelled in the Money Laundering business anyway that's for sure. 

8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Because we've had years of being in a higher league than you - and, largely, did enjoy it (if year after year of relegation fights with occasional moments of glory are your thing). As far as I'm aware, you didn't have to endure much 'mind the gap' pish. What you're seeing now is just payback for the Ton fans' reaction to finishing above us for two seasons.

It's been said many times that most of the Morton posters are clearly decent folk, but it can be hard to ignore the really persistent cretins.

Does anyone happen to know how many times Morton have finished above St Mirren like, forever? I know that Saints have obviously held the upper hand over the last 30 or 40 years or whatever it's been but were you a lot closer together in medieval times?

44 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You've signed Frank Ross from Aberdeen on loan for the rest of the season. A very dece signing that.

Very decent signing indeed.  Great lad and a fine young talent.

Could have done with him at Dumbarton!

Hope he does well for you.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

That's encouraging and will hopefully go some way to alleviating the imbalance in the squad. We still badly need a holding midfielder though.

We badly need a striker that can score goals more than anything

30 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

No surprise to see 'greenockmorton.org' go offline last night. Same thing happened the last time the Raes were getting it tight from the fans.

Rae > Scott

Knows how to shut down the internet.

No surprise to see 'greenockmorton.org' go offline last night. Same thing happened the last time the Raes were getting it tight from the fans.

Admin saving the servers imho, they would have melted when today's lineup was anmounced.