The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

26 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Hopefully this means we've got another player or 2 coming in. I was told from a good source that we were getting Calvin Miller on loan from Celtic a while ago once the season begins but there's also rumours of Nesbitt coming back. I'm sure we're only allowed 2 players on loan from the same club so it won't be both of them coming. 

Doohan is a development loan. We could actually still get 2 full loans from Celtic if the clubs wanted.

16 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Doohan is a development loan. We could actually still get 2 full loans from Celtic if the clubs wanted.

Ah,  I forgot about that. We could get both then but I wouldn't be surprised if we only got Miller as he can play both at left wing and left back.

We seem to have a good deal going on with Celtic. They use our facilities for their development matches, giving the club some extra income and we get to bring some good young talent in to beef up the squad, at least we aren't lying down to them.

I had a look of some highlights of Miller when it was first suggested and he looks like a handful. Nesbitt was our most dangerous player near the end of last season too, he's got potential but is still a little rough round the edges.

I reckon we will bring both in if given the option to. Anyone got any further scope on the keeper? Not familiar with him at all.

32 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Can't say I've heard anything about him. What should we expect?

He's only started 6 games for us and at that it's been end of season dead rubbers or early season cup games with the squad still coming together, but he's looked really promising in those appearances and we're confident he'll go on to be a solid player at this level in time for Mark Russell getting a move. Of the current group of youngsters he's the highest rated by a distance.

He's still only 17 so there's plenty of time for him to develop, but from what I've seen he's solid defensively while not having much to his game going forward. A playoff challenging League Two side should be a good level for him to get his first regular spell of first team football, interested to see how he gets on.

He's only started 6 games for us and at that it's been end of season dead rubbers or early season cup games with the squad still coming together, but he's looked really promising in those appearances and we're confident he'll go on to be a solid player at this level in time for Mark Russell getting a move. Of the current group of youngsters he's the highest rated by a distance.
He's still only 17 so there's plenty of time for him to develop, but from what I've seen he's solid defensively while not having much to his game going forward. A playoff challenging League Two side should be a good level for him to get his first regular spell of first team football, interested to see how he gets on.

Morton aren't exactly the usual type of club that have supplied us with players recently so I'm intrigued by this signing. Hopefully it goes well.

1 hour ago, Tri-TON said:

We seem to have a good deal going on with Celtic. They use our facilities for their development matches, giving the club some extra income and we get to bring some good young talent in to beef up the squad, at least we aren't lying down to them.

I had a look of some highlights of Miller when it was first suggested and he looks like a handful. Nesbitt was our most dangerous player near the end of last season too, he's got potential but is still a little rough round the edges.

I reckon we will bring both in if given the option to. Anyone got any further scope on the keeper? Not familiar with him at all.

Can't imagine what you're referring to here.

Lying down to Celtic.jpg

5 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Morton aren't exactly the usual type of club that have supplied us with players recently so I'm intrigued by this signing. Hopefully it goes well.

Yeah, we rarely develop players, we usually lose them just as they start showing potential, so it's a nice change giving players like Strapp the opportunity to go out on loan to get first team football, there's no doubt it'll make him a better player. 

Both he and another boy that's with us Scott Tiffoney were down training with Swansea just at pre season there. 

42 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Anyone got any idea how Mitchell Duffy is getting on with your U20s? Squad number 33 going by your website

Remember him signing a while ago and just wondered. Very briefly worked with him at U14s

Not been involved with the first team, I don't think he even gets a start with the development squad either. What position does he play? 

Not been involved with the first team, I don't think he even gets a start with the development squad either. What position does he play? 

Holding midfielder but think he's been full back whenever he's turned out for Morton.

Tbh, I was surprised he was still there. Hadn't heard anything about him since he signed properly. Someone else I worked with just signed for you this week too so reminded me

Yeah, we rarely develop players, we usually lose them just as they start showing potential, so it's a nice change giving players like Strapp the opportunity to go out on loan to get first team football, there's no doubt it'll make him a better player. 
Both he and another boy that's with us Scott Tiffoney were down training with Swansea just at pre season there. 

Nice one, he's started for us today against Clyde so hopefully he does well.