The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

At the end of last season he would have walked into the team. But Gaston has started this season in decent form.

At least there is competition for the keepers position and Gats will need to keep up his good form. 

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Right you c***s, we're being linked to Denny Johnstone who it appears was with you lot a couple of years ago. 

What can we expect if we sign him? Positive reports only please.

Thank you.

He's tall, has quick feet and can hold the ball up and bring others into play well. Scored 15 goals IIRC in his one season with us. I'm sure he got a really bad injury last season at Colchester, hopefully he's recovered from that. 

52 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Right you c***s, we're being linked to Denny Johnstone who it appears was with you lot a couple of years ago. 

What can we expect if we sign him? Positive reports only please.

Thank you.

Don't play him as a target man, play the ball to his feet and you will see how good a player he is. Very good finisher. 

He's tall, has quick feet and can hold the ball up and bring others into play well. Scored 15 goals IIRC in his one season with us. I'm sure he got a really bad injury last season at Colchester, hopefully he's recovered from that. 

Sounds like as tree house tam put it, 'a shite Marcus Haber' - would that be a fair assessment in terms of style? We desperately need a goalscorer. We have enough hold up men in Haber and Moussa.

57 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sounds like as tree house tam put it, 'a shite Marcus Haber' - would that be a fair assessment in terms of style? We desperately need a goalscorer. We have enough hold up men in Haber and Moussa.

Not seen much of Haber so can't comment. He was good at Championship level but I'd be surprised yet delighted for him if he got 10 or more goals in the Premiership. 

Edited by Scosha

Yeah Duffy does seem to be one of football's 'good guys'. You dont find many people with a bad word to say about him.

That tends to be the case when you're a Dundee legend tbh.

Regarding Duffy was he touted for any roles in the summer? It seems to me that any manager with a reasonably good record in this division is being overlooked for top flight jobs which will go to either an unknown or untested applicant.

Can't really understand why Duffy, and to be fair probably Houston as well, are not being offered role at clubs like Dundee, Motherwell and my own.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah Duffy does seem to be one of football's 'good guys'. You dont find many people with a bad word to say about him.

I was at Dens park Dundee v Thistle  Jim was back playing for Dundee and had had problems because he came back after retiring from a knee injury.

He was a legend as a player at Dens and the Jags.

Most  folk who saw him play will tell you probably the best uncapped player ever.

In his comeback he went down as his knee gave in,everyone knew he was finished.

A stretcher took him off and the whole stadium stood and applauded 

A sad day indeed 

Hopefully this means we've got another player or 2 coming in. I was told from a good source that we were getting Calvin Miller on loan from Celtic a while ago once the season begins but there's also rumours of Nesbitt coming back. I'm sure we're only allowed 2 players on loan from the same club so it won't be both of them coming.