The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

https://gmfc.net/2017/08/09/warren-hawke-statement/

Bit of a shambolic episode.

Wonder what the contingency plan is.

The contingency plan should include Interstadia execs being forced to work as unpaid turnstile operators before the game, then put in stocks at halftime for fans of both teams to boot them in the baws as hard as they can, then made to clean the bogs in the Norseman with toothbrushes from 7.00pm on. They've been a disgrace.

19 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

The contingency plan should include Interstadia execs being forced to work as unpaid turnstile operators before the game, then put in stocks at halftime for fans of both teams to boot them in the baws as hard as they can, then made to clean the bogs in the Norseman with toothbrushes from 7.00pm on. They've been a disgrace.

Interstadia deal with us I think and have done since the stadium move. We've had no major issues with them until new season ticket holders or folk changing their seats being delayed a few weeks for smart cards this season. Our online ticketing system is utterly garbage though but I'm not sure if it's run through Interstadia and simply hosted on our website. 

Third party f**k ups are the worst, though. 

Edited by djchapsticks

27 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

yawn.......    that's as much out of date as you are out of brain cells. Give up now.

Mate I'm still wearing flairs.  have a Mohawk hair cut , drive a Morris minor best of all still bare weans in Greenock thanks to you family even though im in my 80's. Greenock best midden in Scotland. 

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Mate I'm still wearing flairs.  have a Mohawk hair cut , drive a Morris minor best of all still bare weans in Greenock thanks to you family even though im in my 80's. Greenock best midden in Scotland. 

IMG_2592.GIF

9 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Absolutely Dunco, and the Club has behaved impeccably! :lol:

Or just make them spend 20 mins in your company you nauseating bellend.

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

Or just make them spend 20 mins in your company you nauseating bellend.

so, who rattled YOUR cage, budgiebrain?

Don't bother answering, it's a rhetorical question (suggest you look it up).

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

So what's happening? Is the contingency plan having to kick in or is this shambles going to be resolved in time?

I would get there in plenty time mate 1,500 tickets sold as of today with Friday being the last day so add a few hundred on top of that again. There will be a late kick off or very pissed off fans missing the first 15min. I will go with the latter as the money is already in

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

I would get there in plenty time mate 1,500 tickets sold as of today with Friday being the last day so add a few hundred on top of that again. There will be a late kick off or very pissed off fans missing the first 15min. I will go with the latter as the money is already in

The issue isn't with our turnstiles though, we'll get in just fine as the away turnstile will be manually operated. The problem is that the home turnstiles are now manless and electronic barcoding and there's currently nothing to suggest that the home fans will get in as their smart card system (the same one we use incidentally) is fucked.

The game won't kick off if there's 1800-2000 away fans in and all bar a few hundred morton fans locked out.

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The issue isn't with our turnstiles though, we'll get in just fine as the away turnstile will be manually operated. The problem is that the home turnstiles are now manless and electronic barcoding and there's currently nothing to suggest that the home fans will get in as their smart card system (the same one we use incidentally) is fucked.

The game won't kick off if there's 1800-2000 away fans in and all bar a few hundred morton fans locked out.

Agree, feel for the fans they just want to turn up and support their team. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Most fans would use common sense in this instance and turn up at 2 to avoid all that happening, but you will always get some fans who decide to leave it to the last minute (for whatever reason...) and then complain cos they miss the first ten minutes of the game. All this despite knowing for the last six weeks there was gonna be a balls up somewhere and it was never gonna go smoothly.