The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

52 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

It'll be a long while until you get a sniff at your usual St Mirren hand me downs.

Aye they'd need to actually build something big enough to be useful. The WDE is magnum sized compared to any wee structure over the road.

2 hours ago, madton said:

I take it you weren't at the playoff game then?

Fully covered view for away fans now from the cowshed!

Sorry was meaning the uncovered seating bit - I sat in the Main Stand and Stood in the Cowshed the last twice I was there

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

We do have a roof to put on but there are no plans to do so. As away fans can now go in the Cowshed as well as the main stand I assume it's even further away from happening now. 

Would it not make more sense to use it to cover the home end anyway?

We don't need to cover or seat any ends of the ground, nor would we want to. The 6k seat stadium criteria in which the WDE would have been turned into a stand are no longer in place. 

The only significant changes to Cappielow will be as a result of some form of major external investment, probably a new stand on Sinclair Street with office space and other facilities. Given large parts of the riverside between Port Glasgow and the ground are already office buildings I can't see that idea ever getting off the ground though. 

Edited by vikingTON

Away fans will, for the most part, be accommodated in the West end of the Cowshed.  Bigger games will get the full WDE plus the bit of the cowshed.

Welcome the first home league game of the season!

Electronic turnstiles are apparently working now but being used partially for this Saturday's game!

2 hours ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

The steel from st Mirren is not suitable for the Sinclair St end &, wasn't big enough for the WDE. It needed @ the top 6 rows removed to fit according to the planning application at the time.

That's what happens when you buy football stands on Gumtree, I guess.

That ones lost me. Unless it's used for sunbathing, a roof reflects & contains the noise of the crowd back in and adds to the atmosphere.

If it's good enough for the Nou Camp to not have a roof then it's probably good enough for the grandest old ground in Scottish football. Give it fifty years and we'll be looking at a UNESCO heritage site as it's already one of the ten oldest grounds in the history of the game.

Adding a shan, all-seater stand to an old ground like Starks' Park would completely ruin the stadium. Better acoustics for 150 bumpkins simply isn't worth that.

Electronic turnstiles are apparently working now but being used partially for this Saturday's game!

Partially = not properly working, because the club has failed to deliver the required season/fan cards for the system to work for the vast majority of customers. Nor does the online ticketing site function correctly to buy tickets online for supposedly available games such as Edinburgh City tomorrow or the spoon-burners in a fortnight. For you to try and slither on here given your failure to address all the issues highlighted on the club forum - a site where you were happy to puff up some non-existent achievements just before things went royally tits-up - sums you up really.

14 hours ago, Tonsilitis said:

Away fans will, for the most part, be accommodated in the West end of the Cowshed.  Bigger games will get the full WDE plus the bit of the cowshed.

Welcome the first home league game of the season!

THOSE THINGS TAKE TIME! :)

15 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Whats your early thoughts on Robert Thomson was a great player for us.

Yesterday was the first time I'd seen him in a ton shirt and I was impressed. He's good in the air and with the ball at his feet. Also seems to have decent pace as well and isn't afraid to get stuck in. 

9 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Yesterday was the first time I'd seen him in a ton shirt and I was impressed. He's good in the air and with the ball at his feet. Also seems to have decent pace as well and isn't afraid to get stuck in. 

I knew you weren't talking about Harkins.