The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

When did he say that? Surely he'd be rethinking that.

On SSB last night apparently. He said if we sign more centre backs we'll have too many when players return to fitness. 5 or 6 players is too many to have in one position at this level. He also said Gunning is off the table, he's approached him several times but he doesn't want to come back.

On 7/23/2017 at 19:46, Jupiter Jazz said:

Iredale played for us last week and was outstanding although it was Nairn in a friendly. Heard we are trying to get him on loan from yourselves.

Once we get our injured back I can see him going on loan. Maybe he will be playing for youse yet

25 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

We've just signed John Scullion anyone care to give an opinion on the lad ? Hearing good things about him & surprised he was let go tbh

He'll do well in the juniors. Expected him to rock up at a League Two side so I'm surprised to see him take a chance with Kilbirnie.

Scullion is gifted but obviously not athletic. He never really got a run of games with Morton at any point & didn't generally set the heather alight when he did play but you could tell there was something there. They kept giving him short contract extensions even when he wasn't playing, it looked from outside as if he was being given every chance to get fitter but it wasn't happening. Gifted on the ball though.

7 hours ago, Marr1 said:

A bit random but when are you guys fitting the away end with some cover?

We do have a roof to put on but there are no plans to do so. As away fans can now go in the Cowshed as well as the main stand I assume it's even further away from happening now. 

10 hours ago, Marr1 said:

A bit random but when are you guys fitting the away end with some cover?

I take it you weren't at the playoff game then?

Fully covered view for away fans now from the cowshed!

We do have a roof to put on but there are no plans to do so. As away fans can now go in the Cowshed as well as the main stand I assume it's even further away from happening now. 

It'll be a long while until you get a sniff at your usual St Mirren hand me downs.