The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

On 7/9/2017 at 18:45, Tri-TON said:

Darren Barr to become the signing of the season. Controlling the defence like a captain of a ship.

Long live the Darren Barr Era, we will tell our children about this, and their children too.

Give that boy a song!

https://gmfc.net/2017/07/20/match-report-largs-thistle-3-0-morton/

When you take the two performances to date in conjunction with the form shown at the end of last season and think that all of the bench on Saturday played in the match above - get all thoughts of a title tilt / promotion out of your head now and prepare yourself for a battle with Dumbarton to avoid 9th place.

1 hour ago, Pride_of_the_Clyde said:

https://gmfc.net/2017/07/20/match-report-largs-thistle-3-0-morton/

When you take the two performances to date in conjunction with the form shown at the end of last season and think that all of the bench on Saturday played in the match above - get all thoughts of a title tilt / promotion out of your head now and prepare yourself for a battle with Dumbarton to avoid 9th place.

:lol::lol::lol: 

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

You genuinely can't beat fans hitting the panic button after a week of the season. Fantastic entertainment. 

It's a poor effort at trolling. We played our entire development squad against Largs Thistle.

6 hours ago, Scosha said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

It's a poor effort at trolling. We played our entire development squad against Largs Thistle.

You're talking about the same players who were part of the bench on Saturday - to write it off as just a development squad result is a distinction without any real difference.

Without further improvement to the squad, there's nothing to support the very high expectations people have for the coming season, quite the opposite actually.

But if you lot want to continue to act like ostriches, be my guest - I'll maintain a knowing smile.

10 hours ago, Pride_of_the_Clyde said:

You're talking about the same players who were part of the bench on Saturday - to write it off as just a development squad result is a distinction without any real difference.

Without further improvement to the squad, there's nothing to support the very high expectations people have for the coming season, quite the opposite actually.

But if you lot want to continue to act like ostriches, be my guest - I'll maintain a knowing smile.

Very high expectations?  Have I missed something? 

Just an alias that turns up when there's a sniff of a wind up. Last season we were doing too well for most of it for novelty accounts to be any use.

Edited by GiGi

13 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

We've signed Connor McManus . Any good Queens fans?

We had him on trial. In fact he was training with us last night, and I thought we might sign him instead of Kyle Christing Hutton today.

He played in a friendly with Clydebank and was fine. Nothing fancy, but tidy enough. Plays a bit like Stuart Carswell I think, quietly keeping things going whilst not really doing anything fancy himself.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We had him on trial. In fact he was training with us last night, and I thought we might sign him instead of Kyle Christing Hutton today.

He played in a friendly with Clydebank and was fine. Nothing fancy, but tidy enough. Plays a bit like Stuart Carswell I think, quietly keeping things going whilst not really doing anything fancy himself.

He signed for us on a year long deal

Someone who can get the basics right instead of shelling Hollywood passes everywhere would be a welcome addition to our current midfield, but he'd need to be decent at winning the back as well. Difficult to judge as he doesn't seem to have much experience at this level, but Lindsay wasn't exactly well-known this time last year either. A welcome and hopefully effective addition.