The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

17 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I assumed that as well but the trialist replaced Lamie so someone suggested he was a defender unless we moved players about? 

Ah ok. You'd think he'd be quite easy to verify too, if anyone was there. Still not sure why we'd be looking at him when we're so well covered up front.

8 minutes ago, k-ton said:

Ah ok. You'd think he'd be quite easy to verify too, if anyone was there. Still not sure why we'd be looking at him when we're so well covered up front.

Have read a few people saying that he can play upfront and on the wings. If that was the case I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him.

The piss-poor standard of defending played a role in a few of the goals; what that didn't account for though was the good movement and decision-making of our players in the final third. Lots of neat link ups and a lot more good ideas that didn't come off. Compared to our effective but fairly limited and predictable attacking play last year it looks to be a huge improvement.

As it stands I'd expect to concede a few more goals as well though. We'll need to get the right balance for the league campaign and not having our starting centre backs earn playing time isn't helping.

• 2 weeks later...