The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

22 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'd rather sign Lawrence Shankland than that petition.

Did he not shine for you ether, genuine question. I have a couple of Aberdeen mate's who spoke highly of Shankland so it was a bit of a let down when he played for us. Sad to see him without a club, however might be the kick up the ass  needed to kick start his career in a lower league. 

46 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Poor Lawrence. I feel for the guy: I was sure he'd find a team after his six-month break from professional football. 

gNzFAcF.png

You do know that made him Famous for a time?

49 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Poor Lawrence. I feel for the guy: I was sure he'd find a team after his six-month break from professional football. 

gNzFAcF.png

He did, he signed for Morton for a few months.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I see what you've done there. You've taken my joke and used it against me. You cheeky scamp.

Tap in, tbh.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Did he not shine for you ether, genuine question. I have a couple of Aberdeen mate's who spoke highly of Shankland so it was a bit of a let down when he played for us. Sad to see him without a club, however might be the kick up the ass  needed to kick start his career in a lower league. 

First time round he was fantastic for us then god knows what went on.  he came back about 3 stone heavier lol

48 minutes ago, virginton said:

Shankland should be prosecuted for claiming to be a 'player' IMO.

I still think there was talent in there somewhere. But if he can't apply himself when given perfectly decent opportunities, first by us and then by a promotion-chasing Morton, then he deserves everything he gets. All pisstaking aside, Shankland was bloody lucky to get a move to you in January and he fucked it up.

There's no fluke about the way he clips this ball in, but there's clearly something not right in his head. Word is he's now on trial at Dunfermline, suggesting they weren't watching any other games last season.

1jKqXm.gif

One of his few goals for us came against Dunfermline so maybe they've been had. Though surely a few trial games against decent teams will put paid to that.

Edited by GiGi

Shankland has talent. He got 10 goals in the Championship at 20 years old and was in the Scotland U21s squad. He was awful for us the next season. 

I think you could get something out of him. Don't know what happened to him last summer. Perhaps he just lost his way and didn't work as hard for it. 

48 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Jamie Lindsay any good? We've signed him on loan this season.

Great player.

Bags of energy, comfortable on the ball, good tackler and covers every blade of grass. Very much a box to box midfielder.

His form did dip towards the end of the season, along with the rest of the squad but overall he was great for us and should do well for you.

Shankland has talent. He got 10 goals in the Championship at 20 years old and was in the Scotland U21s squad. He was awful for us the next season. 
I think you could get something out of him. Don't know what happened to him last summer. Perhaps he just lost his way and didn't work as hard for it. 

No he doesn't; there's absolutely nothing he is actually good at on a football pitch. Kieran McAnespie was in a Scotland Under-21s squad and he was shan as well; that's a meaningless 'accolade'.