The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Just now, The Moonster said:

Heard a wee rumour today that Jamie Lindsay may be available shortly, I thought a few of you would be interested.  Can see him having a few offers from this league mind you.

As in released from Celtic or just available for loan? It'd be excellent if we could get him in again. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few offers here and down south. 

Some people suggesting Russell had a bad season. I wouldn't totally agree with that, albeit he wasn't at his best. 

The game at Cappielow against Dundee Utd he was brilliant I thought. He had a poor end to the season, no getting away from that.

He's got tremendous talent and will go far in the game. I'm really happy he's signed on for another season

Lindsay seems like an ambitious lad, I can see him looking to play in the SPL next season or even down south but I reckon the partnership with Murdoch and Duffy's great man management might give us that possibility of him returning.

With the arrival of Hayes, Nesbitt goes further down the pecking order at Celtic. There is no chance of him playing 1st team football this season unless he goes out on loan.

There could be some interest from SPL teams but he hasn't scored much at Championship level so that could put them off. Could see him back at Cappielow next season.   

8 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Why would we want him back?

Because the lad is a very decent player, especially if he can add goals to his game. 

There are other positions we require to fill right now obviously, but I wouldn't close the door on Nesbitt if he became available

9 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I don't want the guy. No final ball and a glorified sand dancer. We've got better.

I think he does have a final ball, albeit inconsistent in his delivery. His biggest failing is he doesn't score enough goals. And if he can't do that at Championship level he stands no chance of getting 1st team action at Celtic.

Not saying he's a priority, but if we can afford to take him (if offered) I would  

Would take him back in a heartbeat. 

We really don't have better. We have no natural winger who can beat a man. He would give us that.

Remember he only turned 20 in Feb. He will have benefited from last season and will only get better.

I dont expect to see him back this season, but if he did, I would be delighted.

34 minutes ago, madton said:

Would take him back in a heartbeat. 

We really don't have better. We have no natural winger who can beat a man. He would give us that.

The reason why we don't have any at the moment is because he only just returned to Celtic; there will be plenty of others in the transfer/loan market. I think he offers good pace (and versatility like many of our other options) but his final ball hasn't been great. Would be okay with him signing again but don't really get the hype about a possible return. 

Believe it was Scosha that posted on the forum that we could be picking up winger Calvin Miller on loan from Celtic. I watched the youth cup final highlights one night I was incredibly bored and he looked a bit of a handful at that level, think he would be on a similar loan deal as Nesbitt was

55 minutes ago, virginton said:

The reason why we don't have any at the moment is because he only just returned to Celtic; there will be plenty of others in the transfer/loan market. I think he offers good pace (and versatility like many of our other options) but his final ball hasn't been great. Would be okay with him signing again but don't really get the hype about a possible return. 

Stability for the team would be the best argument, but that is obviously trumped if there's a superior option available to us.