The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

39 minutes ago, gmfc said:

I reckon we have a stronger team with better options from the bench already than we had last season.

Imagine the total wankfest if we signed gunning and Lindsay by the end of the week. That would be fucking tremendous. 

Morton are putting together a half decent squad, Quitongo, Thomson and McHugh will cause teams problems.

Good business getting Tidser on a 2 year deal as well.

Edited by McG

Not exactly sure that this is as funny as some want it to be. It's risky as much as anything else.

If you keep him motivated then he will do well. He just seems to go missing quite often. I think Harkins wants to feel like the most important player at whatever club he is at.

Morten and Harkins both hate Kenny Shiels so at least you will have that in common.

Positivity, optimism and Morton don't usually go too well together. Here's hoping that's changed for once. 

It's amazing to see how far we've come with Duffy in charge and bringing Warren Hawke in to. We are viewed as one of the better teams in this division now, our last, what, 7 year stint at this level (bar one season) we were effectively utter tripe.

As a club, we are advancing - maybe lagging behind in that aspect - but for once in my Morton supporting life time, at the tender age of 21 I am genuinely proud of the team I support. We are getting rid of that jokey atmosphere from our club and we are thriving from it.

9 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Really don't know. Dundee made him captain and I don't even think that worked.

He was pretty good for Dundee most of the time, before his career there had a total implosion and then nobody wanted to touch him.

The guy needs full time football, he's now got it, he was playing part time in a team who had their backs to the wall most games with no attacking tactics at all. I recon with Duffy pulling the strings and full time training we could have a very useful player in GH, he's far from done that's for sure!

We'll be able to play him in a number of positions when needed, gives us something a wee bit creative and different, I'm happy with the signing, 1 year deal, not the end of the world ffs!

IN THE DUFF WE TRUST!