The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 hours ago, madton said:

Not a lot, I'll give you that, but he did score a few.( how many starts did he have last season?)

If you look at his starts to goals ratio, its actually very impressive for Falkirk.

33 starts, 16 goals. 

There is a player in there somewhere but his biggest contribution by far was as an impact sub (particularly the season before last).

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Kindly leave his virginity out of this debate.

Thank you.

Who were the sectarian bigots who hounded Jim McInally out of Cappielow for being a Catholic?

Duffy has pointed out we had a lack of experience and has gone out and signed someone with bags of it and still got some ability. Delighted we've got our attacking options sorted in early June rather than last season where we were very, very short up front. 
Out: Kudus Oyenuga, Jon Scullion, Luke Donelly, Lawrence Shankland
In: Bob McHugh, Robert Thomson, Gary Harkins. - And Jai Quitongo fit again. 
Harkins apparenly stated in the past he doesn't like Morton which is the only issue but if he pings in a last minute winner in the derby I'll not care :thumsup2

Actually that looks a pretty decent forward line up

If Harkins wasn't on such a massive wage I wouldn't have been bothered if he had stayed, Being player of the year for a mid-table premier team to being an unused sub in the league below tells you why I'm not bothered he has gone either.

If you get the Harkins that was at Partick and Dundee, you have some player, however, if you have the player who was at St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Ayr, Oldham, Grimsby, Blackpool, Bury or Huddersfield then you would be as well punting him at Xmas, you get a few decent touches, some flashy turns, a lot of hands on hips and puffing cheeks out looking bored/pissed off. 

Duffy has signed well so far. I think we'll give him the benefit of the doubt on Harkins. A player people pay money to watch when he's on form. Every team needs a maverick to entertain.

GGH [emoji178]

345aae158604c0373c05571d3e8b2970.jpg

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If Harkins wasn't on such a massive wage I wouldn't have been bothered if he had stayed, Being player of the year for a mid-table premier team to being an unused sub in the league below tells you why I'm not bothered he has gone either.

If you get the Harkins that was at Partick and Dundee, you have some player, however, if you have the player who was at St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Ayr, Oldham, Grimsby, Blackpool, Bury or Huddersfield then you would be as well punting him at Xmas, you get a few decent touches, some flashy turns, a lot of hands on hips and puffing cheeks out looking bored/pissed off. 

The Gary Harkins that was at Grimsby, Blackpool, Bury and Huddersfield was a CH. It wasn't until he joined Partick Thistle, that your current manager converted him into a midfielder so that's a rather harsh assessment.

Oldham fans also loved Harkins.

We all know Harkins has an attitude problem of sorts, because if he didn't, his ability would have taken him above mid-table Scottish Premiership level.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Who were the sectarian bigots who hounded Jim McInally out of Cappielow for being a Catholic?

Nae idea, son. Could've been Ian Pishley, Mason Boyne and Pastor Jack Glass for all I know or care, but personally I doubt it ever happened.

Pretty sure Doyle will sign. Not sure of Russell and Tidser though.

We've got a good squad assembled already and quite happy at all the new signings so far. I would say Strapp and Tiffoney will feature more this season as well.

Duffy plays the loan market well, so we can expect at least a couple of players on loan. Just wondering if any of the loanees from Celtic will be back? Both Lyndsay and Nesbitt have very little chance of 1st team action at Celtic, so would we get at least one of them back? .    

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Gary Harkins that was at Grimsby, Blackpool, Bury and Huddersfield was a CH. It wasn't until he joined Partick Thistle, that your current manager converted him into a midfielder so that's a rather harsh assessment.

Oldham fans also loved Harkins.

We all know Harkins has an attitude problem of sorts, because if he didn't, his ability would have taken him above mid-table Scottish Premiership level.

To be fair, Harkins was at Blackburn as a centre mid. He came to us on trial and played centre mid against Montrose and from memory moved back into defence because he was blowing out his arse - I didn't think we'd see him again. Alas, we did and the rest is history. The notion that Harkins ever played at centre half now is quite hard to fathom; won't forget Richard Offiong ripping him to shreds at Firhill.

Pretty sure Doyle will sign. Not sure of Russell and Tidser though.
We've got a good squad assembled already and quite happy at all the new signings so far. I would say Strapp and Tiffoney will feature more this season as well.
Duffy plays the loan market well, so we can expect at least a couple of players on loan. Just wondering if any of the loanees from Celtic will be back? Both Lyndsay and Nesbitt have very little chance of 1st team action at Celtic, so would we get at least one of them back? .    

Tids signs 2 year deal [emoji106]

It's been a cracking close season. Lots of positive news from Cappielow. Should be a few more signings to come as well. Pleased so far.

Edited by GiGi