The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

45 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Harkins created goals against us and generally caused us problems this season. We never actually looked hugely comfortable at the back against Ayr, and he was probably the biggest factor in that. 

The only game in which Harkins looked anything other than an obese, washed-up mess was the shame game at Somerset back in September, when we had Oliver and Quitongo playing as wingers to supply target-man Oyenuga. So hardly the most credible match to cite, but that was about the sum of his contribution against us. 

Edited by vikingTON

31 minutes ago, virginton said:

The only game in which Harkins looked anything other than an obese, washed-up mess was the sh. ame game at Somerset back in September, when we had Oliver and Quitongo playing as wingers to supply target-man Oyenuga. So hardly the most credible match to cite, but that was about the sum of his contribution against us. 

He also played the vital role in opening up our defence for their goal in our 4-1 win there. And ran through our defence in the last game at Cappielow. He looked like a player who would give us a different option.

Tidser out, Harkins in would be comparable to Forbes/Barrowman, with the key differences that we'd be getting the shite deal this time and it would be entirely self-inflicted rather than being duped into taking the dud by another club.

2 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

He also played the vital role in opening up our defence for their goal in our 4-1 win there. And ran through our defence in the last game at Cappielow. He looked like a player who would give us a different option.

A 'vital role' for a consolation goal in an absolute horsing by The Famous, in which he stank the place out. 

source.gif

4 hours ago, virginton said:

A 'vital role' for a consolation goal in an absolute horsing by The Famous, in which he stank the place out. 

source.gif

Hiya ya weapon, how did you get on with your prediction when you said the skunks were getting relegated?

Roaster.

Harkins is an excellent footballer I'd have been delighted to see him sign for the bairns

I think there's some truth in what someone said earlier. He could be a useful addition to any club if they can get him fit and motivated. Duffy could be the sort of manager to get that from him.

Every time I have watched him I thought he has real talent but it's been wasted due to a lack of proper routine.

If I was a Morton fan I would hold fire on the criticism and wait and see.

Mind you, I'm not.

Harkins is a class player. In the right environment and if he can get himself in good shape Morton could have one of the best midfielders in the league. A team like Ayr was never going to be a good fit for him, but at a young vibrant team full of energy like Morton, I can see him flourishing and providing the creative spark they need.

I remember going to an away game against Queens and, like most of his appearances in a St Mirren jersey,Harkins was utter guff. On the way back home, we stopped into the McDonalds at Govan, and Harkins was in the queue in his St Mirren tracksuit. 

Clearly talented though, and if you play to his strengths there's probably still a player in there. 

Edited by ulysses

1 hour ago, ulysses said:

I remember going to an away game against Queens and, like most of his appearances in a St Mirren jersey,Harkins was utter guff. On the way back home, we stopped into the McDonalds at Govan, and Harkins was in the queue in his St Mirren tracksuit. 

Clearly talented though, and if you play to his strengths there's probably still a player in there. 

What a pointless story.

2 hours ago, ulysses said:

Ther'd better be an 'and' coming...

6 hours ago, ulysses said:

johnny.png