The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

14 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

We've bottled it something awful. No momentum going into these play offs and relying on the carthorse Shankland for goals.

Getting rid of that fat, lazy waste of space and replacing him with Rory Loy was yet another fantastic piece of business for us. 

Cheers for leaving so willfully, Shanks. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Getting rid of that fat, lazy waste of space and replacing him with Rory Loy was yet another fantastic piece of business for us. 

Cheers for leaving so willfully, Shanks. 

And to think the cheeky b*****d has said he'd consider coming back next season! :blink:

Well I've booked time off to come up for the final so, either, I get to watch Morton win home and away in the play off final en route to next year's title challenge or I get to get pished with ma mates while some no marks like Falkirk and Dundee play some midweek ties.

Perfect either way really.

Was relieved this morning to see that despite the rumours, Prince Philip has not died yet. He's one of few folk still around who was actually alive when Morton last won a proper trophy.

It'll be a shame when they've all passed on, TBH.

Duffy nominated for manager of the year along with Rodgers, McInnes and Archibald.

Duffy has done absolutely brilliant with you guys this season.

I'd love to see Archibald get it though for recognition on what he's achieving at Partick.

Aberdeen are just doing as expected really.

It'll no doubt be Rodgers that will get it though.

Quite a few of our fans were shouting for JR to be on the list but you can't argue with the 4 selected. Duffy has done an incredible job this season.

Just a shame its to be announced on Sunday before the season actually ends.

Duffy should win it if Morton get promoted.

McInnes could win the Scottish Cup

Brenda could win the treble and go the whole season undefeated domestically in all competitions

So lets announce the winner when there are still a few weeks of the season left! 

I think that 'pretty good' is closer to the mark than 'incredible', assuming that we don't end up winning the play-offs (about a 5-1 shot). Last season we finished 5th with 43 points and lost in the QF of the League Cup to top flight opponents. This season we are finishing 4th with roughly ten extra points, beat Dundee United in the League Cup QF so got through to the semi-finals for the first time (though we did turn over  Kilmarnock and Hamilton en route). The first team side has made steady progress on all fronts as the final standings will show; I think that it's the manner of being piss-poor at the start, terrible in the final quarter but genuinely the most effective side in the league during the middle part of the campaign that has drawn the accolades. 

You lot are getting some player from us in Robert Thomson, has improved massively since he signed that pre contract agreement, might want to keep him off the bev though, seems to love a good "f**k the Morton" shout when he's steaming

Need to remember that he only turned up after half a season. If he repeats that will the ton fans have the same patience?

24 minutes ago, albundy said:

Need to remember that he only turned up after half a season. If he repeats that will the ton fans have the same patience?

As long as he only turns up for the first half of the season, he'll fit right in.