The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Still feel completely shocked at that performance last night. St Mirren had all the pressure on them fighting relegation at the bottom of the league yet it was us who collapsed.

The often used "embarrassing display" to describe performances is sometimes used out of context, but it fits how we played last night. Absolute no excuses for how abysmally we performed.

I didn't believe it was possible for this squad of players to give a performance like that given how well we've done this season. 

Players will need dropped for our next game. I suppose the fact is we haven't really used our full squad over the season shows how well players have done, but also shows how little faith Duffy has on those on the fringes.

All parts of the team were poor - defence, midfield and our non-existent forward line. No one could complain at being dropped after last night.

Next game is huge to see how the players will respond. We are in real danger of letting our very good season just fizzle out. 

Only one player really looked up for it and that was Nesbitt, with maybe O'Ware just getting pass marks too. Doyle put in a shocker which is strange as he was one of our most reliable players. Is Oliver injured? He hasn't been the player he was since he returned from injury. Mysteriously subbed against Hibs but makes it into the team last night.

On 12/04/2017 at 06:07, AsimButtHitsASix said:

So are all of our strikers apart from Oliver and Jai

Correct, so the solution is to either play a midfielder up with Oliver until Quitongo returns or change the system to accommodate our best players, seen as we have a player as good as Tidser sitting on the bench most weeks. Shankland and Oyenuga have both had multiple chances and as well as clearly not being good enough themselves, they actively drag the rest of the team's performances down with them. It's not just contributing nothing with the ball, they actively hinder and get in the way of players who are good enough with their complete lack of awareness and movement. There's no point in persisting with them for the sake of staying with the system that's worked for us previously this season, because the system can't work with them in it.

You're spot on regarding Mark Russell, he was his usual superb self at the start of the season then got moved to left midfield entirely unnecessarily, lost his form as a result of being out of position and hasn't recovered it since being returned to left back. If a few games out the team is necessary for him to refocus then return to rebuild his confidence that'll have to do, but hopefully this scenario means that idiots who clamour for full backs who are good going forward to be played in midfield because 'being good in attack = not a defender' will pipe down the next time we have one.

Will Duffy answer the SOS from Dundee ?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, though it's highly unlikely he'd go until the end of the season with the likely imminent playoffs for us and would Dundee appoint an interim until then? Bigger club, bigger support, bigger budget and (probably) top flight. Better deal for Duffy than Dundee I'd say, and he'd probably be more keen than them.

29 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, though it's highly unlikely he'd go until the end of the season with the likely imminent playoffs for us and would Dundee appoint an interim until then? Bigger club, bigger support, bigger budget and (probably) top flight. Better deal for Duffy than Dundee I'd say, and he'd probably be more keen than them.

Dundee won't wait

42 minutes ago, Tam Carson is my No 1 said:

Any truth in the rumour that someone has contacted the SFA / SPFL regarding Mortons collapses towards the end of each season they are in contention for promotion ? My Morton supporting workmates are saying someone has. They are looking for an investigation.

:lol: next. 

19 hours ago, Tam Carson is my No 1 said:

Any truth in the rumour that someone has contacted the SFA / SPFL regarding Mortons collapses towards the end of each season they are in contention for promotion ? My Morton supporting workmates are saying someone has. They are looking for an investigation.

Tragic that you took the time and effort to type that pish out.

21 hours ago, Tam Carson is my No 1 said:

Yes. It's 100% true. We have been fined one million dollars and relegated to serie C.