The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

On 28/03/2017 at 23:09, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Good move by Morton.  I remember standing in there in the past - it would be great if other clubs could follow their lead. One of the aspects most mismanaged in our land of shiny/shitty new sterilised stadiums (including ours) - is the loss of the shared terracing...being separated only by a chainlink fence was integral to the day out at Morton, Broomfield, EEP, Love St, etc etc. Would make for a cracking atmosphere if we were to meet up in the play-offs this season.  

I used to love noising up the Morton fans through that fence in the coo shed although I didn't really appreciate it when the tables got turned when Morton took the lead or won the game.

I've got a mildly amusing story involving my good self and a Morton fan in there but I can already predict a plethora of 'DID YE AYE' dog memes in response so I'm not going to bother my arse.

• 2 weeks later...
I used to love noising up the Morton fans through that fence in the coo shed although I didn't really appreciate it when the tables got turned when Morton took the lead or won the game.
I've got a mildly amusing story involving my good self and a Morton fan in there but I can already predict a plethora of 'DID YE AYE' dog memes in response so I'm not going to bother my arse.

Get it telt!

Also Morton fans, has Halliwell actually joined? I'm still uncertain if he's at the club?!

Not sure how true it is but there was a famous story told on our supporters bus (back when we actually had such things at Kilmarnock) of two Killie-supporting brothers who got into a scrap with each other in the away end back in the 80s......the cops waded in and, rather than lift them, simply split them up and on the back of both wearing blue and white scarfs made the assumption they were rival fans and dumped one in the home end.

Not singling out Russell tonight but he needs dropped. Kilday needs to come back with either Lamie going to LB or bring in the boy Strapp.

Up front needs to change also. McDonagh should come in at least he has a bit of pace about him.

Still can't believe what I witnessed tonight - still in shock! 

6 months ago I was shouting for Russell to be signed up on a long term contract because his firm was good and the future looked bright. He's been absolutely pish since then, plays suicide passes, can't beat a man anymore and as mentioned shites out a tackle which is not what you want from a defender, either he screws the nut or I wouldn't be bothered to see him leave.

Couldn't care if he's been hopeless but I hope to god Kudus starts on Saturday, at least the guy shows effort every time he plays. Donnelly is not a striker nor is he a footballer and if Duffy has him in the team we can surrender 3 points again.

32 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

Couldn't care if he's been hopeless but I hope to god Kudus starts on Saturday, at least the guy shows effort every time he plays. Donnelly is not a striker nor is he a footballer and if Duffy has him in the team we can surrender 3 points again.

Why not McDonagh? Changed the game for us on Saturday and has generally contributed more to our season. Kudus is flavour of the month but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

6 hours ago, SuperTon said:

6 months ago I was shouting for Russell to be signed up on a long term contract because his firm was good and the future looked bright. He's been absolutely pish since then, plays suicide passes, can't beat a man anymore and as mentioned shites out a tackle which is not what you want from a defender, either he screws the nut or I wouldn't be bothered to see him leave.

Mind when everyone wanted him him played left mid?

He's been pish ever since. He's not a left midfielder. He was pish when he played left midfield and his confidence has gone since then.