The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

17 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I never rated Portaloo at the time but, with the squad we have stretched as it is, I wouldnae say no to offering him a short team deal to keep the bench warm til the season's end.

Would be great purely for the Paartalu-Scullion contrast.

11 minutes ago, tigerbread said:

Can someone please post full lyrics to the john scullion song.
Thanks.

We've got a diamond called Jon Scullion

He's worth a hundred fuckin million 

And when he scores a goal, we'll sing this song for you

Jon Scullion loves Morton through and through. 

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

Some season Morton are having, It'd be brilliant if they won this.

Still to play Hibs twice as well.

We've been quietly going about our business all season and managed to stay under the radar for the most part. Think the win last night has pretty much ended that. 

If we hadn't had a dodgy first quarter we'd have been right up there however nothing about this team surprises me anymore. Great time to be a Ton fan. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Away fans back in the Cowshed, hopefully before end of the season.

http://gmfc.net/2017/03/28/aways-fans-to-return-to-the-cowshed/

Typical, after all those years of bumping my gums away fans will have a decent place to watch from the season we go down onwards.

:(

Good move by Morton.  I remember standing in there in the past - it would be great if other clubs could follow their lead. One of the aspects most mismanaged in our land of shiny/shitty new sterilised stadiums (including ours) - is the loss of the shared terracing...being separated only by a chainlink fence was integral to the day out at Morton, Broomfield, EEP, Love St, etc etc. Would make for a cracking atmosphere if we were to meet up in the play-offs this season.  

Typical, after all those years of bumping my gums away fans will have a decent place to watch from the season we go down onwards.
[emoji20]

You lot won't go down.

Great move by the club but it should've been done a lot sooner. Should increase the atmosphere & attendances at games now.

3 minutes ago, SuperTon said:

You lot won't go down.

Great move by the club but it should've been done a lot sooner. Should increase the atmosphere & attendances at games now.

Three points on Saturday would help me to feel that way, but the fact we haven't beaten Ayr once this season probably deserves relegation.