The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

He's always played decent against us, especially game at cappielow early in season so if true he must see something in him he liked the look of.

Not many strikers have given our centrebacks real problems this season in the air but he definitely did that day.

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm sure I saw him play right mid under Moore after someone came off injured

I think it was left mid, but anyway, it was at home to Partick when he was 17 and mostly being used at left back. Moore had a touchline ban so McNally was deciding the subs, whoever started out wide (Iain Flannigan maybe) got injured and McNally turned to O'Ware. It wasn't pleasant viewing.

21 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

So no deadline day arrivals?

Not that surprised or, even, fussed. Genuinely can't see how we'd be able to bring anyone in as an improvement. Just some depth or competition at best.

I would like to have seen us put in a bid for Antoine Griezmann, especially as Jai looks like his season's over.

On 1/31/2017 at 22:28, ebobsboy said:

Joe Mckee signed for us. Dont know much about him other than he was the guy that broke McGrandles leg. Any good?

Decent at this level. He'll suit Falkirk's style of play and I think he'll do well for you.

He can disappear in games and won't always be in the mix of things.  

http://gmfc.net/2017/02/02/duffy-ross-has-taken-his-game-to-another-level/
I had Forbes at 10 goals and 18 assists, but apparently he's only on 16 assists...

18 and 10 according to TransferMarkt too. Not always perfect, but it is usually pretty decent.

Maybe it's only 16 in the league.

If Forbes finished the season with those stats he'd win player of the year without doubt. The fact that they just include up to the end of January is amazing. 

54 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

18 and 10 according to TransferMarkt too. Not always perfect, but it is usually pretty decent.

Maybe it's only 16 in the league.

Even with 16, it's an incredible return. Thanks once again, John Potter :lol:

46 minutes ago, GiGi said:

If Forbes finished the season with those stats he'd win player of the year without doubt. The fact that they just include up to the end of January is amazing. 

At Morton, absolutely. Some gormless loser like John McGinn will be a stick-on to win the divisional prize though, because the people who select these things are fucking morons.

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

At Morton, absolutely. Some gormless loser like John McGinn will be a stick-on to win the divisional prize though, because the people who select these things are fucking morons.

Decision criteria:

1. Top goalscorer
  2. Plays in Glasgow or Edinburgh
  3. Tiebreaker: Masonic handshake or Bribe

8 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

He could end the season with 15 goals and 30 assists and I doubt he'd even be nominated. As you say it'll be McGinn, Cummings and some Dundee United jobbers like Simon Murray and the hilariously poor William 'The Edge' Edjenguélé. 

While all of the above is true, let's not forget that in a season in which Peter Weatherson scored 18 goals for Morton from right-back during 2006-07, the brains' trust at that time still managed to select Iain Russell as Second Division POTY, for services to 'poaching offside for 89 minutes'. 

The moron part of that 'statement' cannot be stressed enough.