The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Cheers for the pics.

The only one I can see who I think could be Hugh Strachan would be the guy second in from the right in the second-back row. Hard to tell tho.

That's who I was thinking.

Said that on the match thread. This really is a superb squad Duffy has built.

Back four (even without Sir Gavin) is solid. Strolled it today and against Raith last week, two other play off contenders.

The midfield is the best we've had in a very long time. The energy Lindsay & Murdoch have to chase down every ball and win it back to start an attack is a joy to watch. Got to enjoy watching them this season, don't think they'll be here next season. Forbes' stats speak for themselves, just give him the POTY award now. Whether it's Russell or Nesbitt on the other side we've got a player(s) who will torment opposition full backs all game.

Gary Oliver has been a superb bit of business by Duffy. A guy who wasn't really rated by Queen's fans he's been excellent every time I've seen him. Brilliant just playing off the striker driving forward and creating chances. For a smaller guy he can hold the ball up well also. Here's hoping Shankland can build on the goal on his debut.

Did someone say "great feeling at Cappielow"?

You're easily third best in the division at worst and should probably be able to push on and overtake United now.

I thought Nesbitt was your best player today, looked really good.

I hope you get St Mirren in the next round as that would be really interesting to see.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Finding official stats would be good, but from counting back games Forbes has definitely got at least fifteen assists for the season already.

According to Transfermarkt Forbes has 18 assists and 8 goals in 29 games this season. That is astounding.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ross-forbes/profil/spieler/37697

He actually put in a notably effective shift on the right flank yesterday and covered the ground quite quickly. His fitness as well as his work ethic are much improved at the moment, although he'll never sprint beyond an opposition player with ease. The Scottish Riquelme with added defensive ability. 

He is 27, nearing the peak of his career and should be playing in the top flight next season: Morton should be striving to ensure that it's with us.

Think he's found his position out on right midfield. Was never a huge fan of him as a central midfielder as part of a 4, but on the right his lack of mobility isn't exposed and his strengths come out in abundance.

Has he ever played right midfield before or has that been another Duffy masterstroke?

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Think he's found his position out on right midfield. Was never a huge fan of him as a central midfielder as part of a 4, but on the right his lack of mobility isn't exposed and his strengths come out in abundance.

Has he ever played right midfield before or has that been another Duffy masterstroke?

He played there for Dunfermline as well. Seem to recall them telling us he was useless out wide :lol: