The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Shankland has been a different player for us this season. Very low in confidence and looks a bit overweight, playing for a team who are doing well and are high in confidence should bring the best out of him. He could well be the difference between making the play-offs and not. 

Will need to get his first goal soon though, he's on a bit of a drought and his confidence probably can't get any lower.

Shankland has been a different player for us this season. Very low in confidence and looks a bit overweight, playing for a team who are doing well and are high in confidence should bring the best out of him. He could well be the difference between making the play-offs and not. 
Will need to get his first goal soon though, he's on a bit of a drought and his confidence probably can't get any lower

He looked decent for you's last season in the games against us. Happy enough with him signing.

Hope he scores the goal that relegates you's...

That's a good signing. Duffy appears to be very good at instilling confidence into players and Shankland strikes me as the type to respond well to his type of management.

Going to be some scenes when he scores against St Murn as well I'd imagine.

24 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That's a good signing. Duffy appears to be very good at instilling confidence into players and Shankland strikes me as the type to respond well to his type of management.

Going to be some scenes when he scores against  relegates St Murn as well I'd imagine.

FTFY.

Welcome home Lawrence Shankland! We'll get the best out of him just like we did Ross Forbes when we took him form Dunfermline.

Shankland says " It was a nightmare there I'm glad I'm out of it. St Mirren became a joke outfit in the end up. Great that I'm moving on to a bigger club with decent fans. Saints are going down anyway" 

If you get the Shankland from the second half of last season, you've got a cracking signing.

If you get the uninterested version of him that put a bit of timber on because he wasn't getting a game, then you're pretty much getting the guy we had.

I suspect it'll be the former.

Personally I'd have kept Shankland (I mean, this is ultimately our decision, we had him til the end of the season and were clearly happy to cancel the loan) and gave you Clarkson. f**k, I'd have carried him down to Greenock on my back to get shot of him.

Edited by djchapsticks

If you get the Shankland from the second half of last season, you've got a cracking signing.
If you get the uninterested version of him that put a bit of timber on because he wasn't getting a game, then you're pretty much getting the guy we had.
I suspect it'll be the former.
Personally I'd have kept Shankland (I mean, this is ultimately our decision, we had him til the end of the season and were clearly happy to cancel the loan) and gave you Clarkson. f**k, I'd have carried him down to Greenock on my back to get shot of him.

There would be more chance of us signing Jeremy Clarkson than that haddy.