The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

A bit strange how only Murdoch has been offered a contract extension for the remainder of the season but so far no one else.

Gunning could be asking for better terms or he has something lined up?

Scullion could be off for failing to get properly fit in close season? 

McAleer hasn't really featured since the start of the season.

If all 3 end up staying I reckon we' still need a decent striker. Will the board back Duffy and release funds to bring the right calibre of player in?   

I reckon Gunning will have been offered a new deal but he's rejected it. And fair enough to him, he's come in, got his head down and done a great job for us, but could clearly play and earn better at a higher level. 

Not fussed about Scullion or McAleer going. We've been saying for the past 2 years now that Scullion needs more game time. It's not gonna happen so we're best to let him leave and find a club that will play him more.

53 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Russell is not in left midfield permanently. He's a full back. Our strongest left side would include Russell with Nesbitt in front of him.

That's his favoured position. He's been excellent since moving into the left side of midfield, scoring at Dumbarton and was outstanding against Dundee Utd.

I don't see him moving to the leftback role given his displays over the last couple of games 

4 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

That's his favoured position. He's been excellent since moving into the left side of midfield, scoring at Dumbarton and was outstanding against Dundee Utd.

I don't see him moving to the leftback role given his displays over the last couple of games 

He didn't offer anything offensively in either game that he couldn't have offered from left back. His defensive positional sense as a midfielder is lacking and far more importantly having him at left midfield makes it easier for the opposition to nullify his attacking threat as he isn't the one overlapping, particularly when he has a natural centre back in Lamie behind him and he's doubled up on.

He did of course play well against Dumbarton and Dundee United, but he wasn't any better than he was at left back. He was still outstanding because he's an excellent player, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't do better if he was in his strongest position. He's been excellent in the majority of games this season when he was at left back as well.

When did he go on his best attacking run on Saturday? When he picked up the ball in our own half from the left back position and didn't have anyone marking him, because Lamie had moved forward for high ball and the right back was watching him, giving Russell space to start dribbling and get running before defenders arrived and he could effortlessly glide past them as he does so well.

Our strongest team would undoubtedly have Russell at left back and Nesbitt in midfield.

• 2 weeks later...

The yellow isn't as good as the original design where the panorama was more faded, but it's still the best. I wouldn't mind the tartan, especially with the panorama being more prominent on the yellow making me just like it rather than love it, but yellow's still getting my vote.

Edited by Dunning1874

the red tartan one looks like a pyjama top; think the team should go for that with red leggings and furry slippers - sorted. 

the third one looks like a 3rd-rate Govan cast-off so feck that; the grey/silver is a good idea but would look better if the print image was toned down like on the yellow one. Think you need a 5th choice, tbh...