Ayr United Takeover

Ok for months we had different people coming out in the papers telling us about what they were going to do for us new stadium and the like but now its very quiet. We had a statement from the chairman months ago saying much the same as always but with no timeline or anything else. Now we are offering 2 year deals getting a good looking team built well before the start of the season not really the plans of someone looking to sell. Dont get me wrong i could not be any happier with the way things are going right now but would like to know what the long term plan is how does everyone else feel about this???????

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be the mystery man that forked out for the forfar buses ?

just want it to be someone to move us forward not just standing still and penny watching.

Maybe he's decided on the gamble, spend money on better players, good season for the club, raises interest and profile which in turn reaches to other potential buyers!!

i can see that.

Maybe he's decided on the gamble, spend money on better players, good season for the club, raises interest and profile which in turn reaches to other potential buyers!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there no chance of developing Somerset ? That's the way to go if it's at all possible.

The problem was always rear access at behind 3-4 stands to allow all seated stands to replace the old terrace that is to shallow to seat in its original form.

10k seats are no longer a requirement so it may be an option again.

As for the takeover, I see SAC have knocked back more development at Heathfield and would favour a town center development, not sure if this would scupper Brian Gilmours plans as the entertainment development at the Kyle Center would mirror what he had proposed at Heathfield.

The old railway depot behind the ground has closed, so there may be an opportunity to move the part slightly to the west, don't know if that would help.

that sounds like a good idea, maybe get a few hundred seats in there aswel. Extra bonus when we meet R*ngers fans/sheep in the championship next season, we wouldnt have to give them part of the home terracing.

Or maybe we just, for once, have a manager that knows what he is doing and is getting the most out of his budget?

think he does but there is more money being spent.

think he does but there is more money being spent.

I wouldn't be suprised if this years budget is the same as last years TBH, although without being privvy to the clubs accounts we will not fins out until a few years after the events. However the likes of Kyle and Beattie would not have been cheap and I've had the impression that as the majority of the players didn't really want to be playing for Roberts / train in Ayr etc a decent pay cheque probably enticed them in, whereas under McCall is people actually want to play for him they might not be on as much as some of Roberts' rejects

Archived