Words that make you cross

Not actually a word (hence my seethe) but "tonite".

The G and H are right beside each other on a keyboard, it's barely even a fucking abbreviation.

Mate of mine uses it constantly on a group chat and the laziness/stupidity involved winds me up. My new rule is to flat-out refuse to acknowledge any messages using it. I will miss a "nite" out, out of pedantry.

Knickers - I don't know why, I just can't stand this word. Makes me cringe when I hear anyone say it

Knickers is a bit knaughty so I will rail to my teenage daughters, "Put your drawers in the laundry basket rather than chucking them under the bed".

Poo - There are much better and utterly hilarious words for human waste.

Dreadful word. 'Take the dog for a keech' is much better.

Knickers - I don't know why, I just can't stand this word. Makes me cringe when I hear anyone say it

One of those words that should never be said by men :yucky

Lassies, however, can continue to talk about their knickers as much as they'd like :P

Boo. Not as in the word that Patrick Bateman yells when he jumps out from behind your bedroom door in the middle of the night. I'm talking about the word used in deeply tragic American R&B circles to describe a significant other.

Used to hear it all the time, and my internal axe murderer would always scream, "WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH YOU? ARE YOU EIGHT YEARS OLD?!"

Boo. Not as in the word that Patrick Bateman yells when he jumps out from behind your bedroom door in the middle of the night. I'm talking about the word used in deeply tragic American R&B circles to describe a significant other.

Used to hear it all the time, and my internal axe murderer would always scream, "WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH YOU? ARE YOU EIGHT YEARS OLD?!"

Now been replaced in popular used, especially in the written form by the word 'bae', not 'babe' but 'bae'. Because a one syllable word really needed shortening some more.

Now been replaced in popular used, especially in the written form by the word 'bae', not 'babe' but 'bae'. Because a one syllable word really needed shortening some more.

I didn't think it was possible, but that may actually be worse :mellow:

Alloa eh? Aye, which team do you really support? We know your agenda etc.

RangersTV already pointed out how many players with Celtic ties were in our squad last season. The global conspiracy is vast, my friend :P

Fabulous abbreviated to 'fab'

100x worse when guys use it. You wouldn't say 'I had a fabulous time last night' unless you were Louie Spence so 'fab' doesn't make it anymore acceptable.

One exception:

fab-lolly-logo.jpg

Fabulous abbreviated to 'fab'

100x worse when guys use it. You wouldn't say 'I had a fabulous time last night' unless you were Louie Spence so 'fab' doesn't make it anymore acceptable.

Forgot about that one. "Fab" and especially "Fabby".

Husband abbreviated to "Hubby" is another teeth grinder

Bae isnt short for babe.

It, apparently, stands for Before Anyone Else

#downwiththekids

Knickers is a bit knaughty so I will rail to my teenage daughters, "Put your drawers in the laundry basket rather than chucking them under the bed".

Genuinely surprised that no-one has asked for pictures yet.

The Beatles' 'I am the Walrus' was banned by the BBC in '67 because it the lyric included the revolutionary code word ' knickers', btw.

The word 'scrummy' is probably mine. It just sounds horrible and I won't buy foods described as 'scrummy'. Doesn't help that I work in a supermarket and have to see it every other day. The weird thing about this word is, I've never actually heard anyone use this word in conversation. Never heard it said aloud so I'm starting to doubt if it's even a real word.

'nice' - the dullest, blandest, word in the English language.

I can't even begin to imagine how intolerable the innermost thoughts of people who use that word must be. I mind being in a pub when Barca were playing and Neymar scored (another) exceptional goal and someone at the table who I barely knew said "that was a nice goal". I fucking snapped at the poor c**t and went right through him for it.

There is another word I hate hearing but only from women. And only when I ask how they are:

"fine"

best to step away at that point