Words that make you cross

litcherly.

Aye you seen the word spelt the way it's supposed to.

My Mrs is a Senior Lecturer in Health Studies, one of the cleverest people I have ever met and yet uses the above.

Despite coming from Glasgow and living in glorious Motherwell, she still describes the area as Larnickshire.

Shitting Christ.

I also hate the word cross and I'm not sure why.

Literally and random were two words that were constantly used by people over the years until they lost all meaning. Not sure I hear people say random quite so much now.

I think I say footy occasionally

Think I've used footy once or twice on here. I'd feel like a right dick if I actually said it though.

I don't think it's that bad but it does remind me of the sort of people who only watch for the World Cup and then join in discussions like they know what they're talking about !

Talking about players in the plural form is annoying also, Gary Neville does it with your Ronald's and your Messis

The Thobbers and the Nades think alike

I read your post i was just agreeing with you and adding an example! There are so many words/ sayings that annoy me that i see almost every day but i am struggling to find any more examples just now

Not a specific word, but a whole category - Baby Talk..

Unless talking to an infant at time, I cannot stand it when adults refer to themselves as "A Mummy", " Going on the choo choo", "eating din dins" etc

Also using the word "Tunes" to describe music, esp when written "choons"....

"I was like"

You'd be like, literally, getting your coupon panned in if you keep that up. I was subjected to some reality TV a wee while back and the programme would have been a good half hour shorter if they edited out every utterance of "I was like".

The incorrect use of the word literally. "I literally had about a thousand beers yesterday." Did ye aye?

They recently changed the definition to include such instances of 'emphasis'. Not a fan :thumbsdown

Artisan.

Went to this cafe in Pitlochry at the weekend where they were selling Artisan Pizza (it was a fucking pizza), and artisan bread (it was fucking bread).

They also said they sold artisan coffee, ground by artisan coffee grinders.

Roasters, the lot of them (and Im not talking about the coffee).

Would you have eaten them if they'd been described as "fucking pizza" and "fucking bread?" Sounds messy. Edited by Miguel Sanchez

to add to the thread;

Knickers - I don't know why, I just can't stand this word. Makes me cringe when I hear anyone say it

Poo - There are much better and utterly hilarious words for human waste.