St Johnstone in Europe 2015/16

Steve McQueen

But I suppose there is great virtue in being a keyboard warrior. You are missing the point but I'm not interested in having a pointless argument with a stranger on a football forum so let's not bore everyone on this thread any further.

Not being one I wouldn't know. No point missed. Not arguing, you dragged it on. No need for you to do it again. The thread's about Saints, not you.

Tommy taking us to N Ireland for pre-season I see. I'm surprised we've time to go anywhere. Three and a half weeks til kick off. I'ts a bit of a farce really.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players back on 17 June I believe then off to ireland on 22nd for 4 days with one game arranged.

When you consider the length of season we've had the last few years it's great that the word tired has never reared it's head once, especially given we've had crucial last day matches in the last two seasons.

When you consider the length of season we've had the last few years it's great that the word tired has never reared it's head once, especially given we've had crucial last day matches in the last two seasons.

got to applaud the fitness guys and sports scientists for ensuring players are in top condition. Each player was given fitness plan when season ended and they were to follow on holiday.

Last three seasons!

A frankly incredible announcement today that Saints are playing Glenavon in a friendly on 24 June - one week before we could be playing them in Rd 1 of the Europa League, with the draw having been made two days earlier! Utterly bizarre decision from both clubs - and it also wouldn't surprise me if this sort of thing would breach one of UEFA's labyrinthine rules.

Bala town please.

We really don't want to get Bala Town. They will be playing the home fixture at Rhyl FC's ground, which has only 1,720 seats. The only other time Bala got into Europe, a couple of years ago, there was a home support of around 1250. If that was repeated, by the time you take into account club directors, UEFA hangers-on, media etc there would only be about 420 seats available for away supporters. Given that we took twice that number to SWITZERLAND last season, it would leave many Saints fans disappointed.

The unofficial Saints twitter says we are unseeded, but the promotional video for the new home kit says we are seeded. Can anyone confirm?

We are seeded for Round 1 but are the top unseeded team for Round 2, both draws are made on 22nd.

We really don't want to get Bala Town. They will be playing the home fixture at Rhyl FC's ground, which has only 1,720 seats. The only other time Bala got into Europe, a couple of years ago, there was a home support of around 1250. If that was repeated, by the time you take into account club directors, UEFA hangers-on, media etc there would only be about 420 seats available for away supporters. Given that we took twice that number to SWITZERLAND last season, it would leave many Saints fans disappointed.

Interesting. I see the population of Bala's only 1980! Crowds of a couple of hundred normally. They're running an official supporters bus to the game so I take it the vast majority of the 1250 v Tallin were Welsh glory hunters and tourists! Still, they would have been Bala supporters on the night I take it.

Bearing that in mind, I'd hope they'd allocate a bigger away section and guarantee to fill the ground if we draw them. Looks like is 100% at Rhyl with no Chester alternative. Might regret that if they draw Aberdeen. £10 admission and £3 for a programme. They're certainly well organised anyway.

I see we get 200,000 Euros/£145,000 for qualifying. I bet Steve's got his fingers crossed he's to hire a bus instead of a plane this year.

Archived