St Johnstone in Europe 2015/16

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glorious. If we're seeded in the first round, does it mean that the home leg will be first?

Don't think so, but not 100% on that.

Glorious. If we're seeded in the first round, does it mean that the home leg will be first?

UEFA are a bit a law unto themselves I think and a few years ago had it so that all the seeds were at home at the same time but they haven't done that recently. There's a 50/50 chance, if that's any help!

Obviously this is the first time we've been in QR1 and that's been regionalised (north, central, south) in recent seasons, so we're likely to be limited to the British Isles, Scandinavia, the Baltic states and maybe Luxembourg. This is drawn at the same time as QR2, which we could yet be seeded for but that appears unlikely, which is unlucky as our coefficient is improving and we've just missed out in previous years too.

Given the early start, I think we want the easiest draw possible here - Welsh teams are generally lowest ranked - and then see what QR2 brings up. Not being seeded in that hasn't exactly hampered us in the past couple of years though and should have been the platform for getting past QR3 as well, especially against the despicable FC Minsk.

Looking at things I think we will be seeded in round 2. All will become clear in the next 24 hours.

What do we need to happen? Looks to me that we need 9 teams of the remaining 16 to have lower coefficients. Five definitely do/will, and I think a sixth has as well looking at things. We're looking for the outcome of the Austrian/Czech/Bulgarian leagues I think!

I like this part of the forum.

I'm hoping we get a Welsh team purely because I can go down and back in the same day, any other tie leaves me really struggling.

What do we need to happen? Looks to me that we need 9 teams of the remaining 16 to have lower coefficients. Five definitely do/will, and I think a sixth has as well looking at things. We're looking for the outcome of the Austrian/Czech/Bulgarian leagues I think!

I think the kassiesa site can sometimes be a bit misleading, as it automatically puts the top seeds from the first round through into the second round. So while it looks like theres only nine lower seeds needed, its probably less than that, as there will be some unseeded sides who knock out seeded sides in the first round.

I think anyway. As realmadrid says, it'll be easier to judge once some gaps get filled in.

I think the kassiesa site can sometimes be a bit misleading, as it automatically puts the top seeds from the first round through into the second round. So while it looks like theres only nine lower seeds needed, its probably less than that, as there will be some unseeded sides who knock out seeded sides in the first round.

I think anyway. As realmadrid says, it'll be easier to judge once some gaps get filled in.

The draws are done at the same time though, so the winner of that first round tie between seeded and unseeded team will have the seeded team's ranking in the second round draw regardless.

Archived