Mr Robot

Mayos Noun

Good spot.

Upto 9.4 rating on IMBD after one episode. It's going to be difficult to keep up that level of performance although there's a lot of roads this can go down.

This could either become my favourite TV show or the most disappointing. Hopefully the former.

Solid opener, reasonably believable tech/hacking goings on.

The main character is extremely interesting and carried the whole episode imo. Quite a few weak characters around him - the childhood girl friend struggling to gain work respect, the sexual tension, her bro boyfriend, the gay guy coming out, the fat Asian techie... all of it, cliched as f**k. As is the 'evil megacorp' angle, though I suppose it's somewhat required for the story. The junior guy in eCorp seems like an extremely 'planted' character, not very believable. The envelope switch scene was an eye-roller.

I didn't take to Slater's acting at all, though his character is interesting enough. The shrink is also a potentially interesting character, and well acted.

I did enjoy it though, honest. Hope it goes with Dexter/Rectify-like quality rather than devolving into standard bubble-gum viewing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is excellent so far. Don't really want to say much and give anything away but...

does anyone think Mr Robot is imaginary? No one seems to acknowledge him or seen him pushing Elliott off the fence or even noticed him walking through his workplace. Similar to Fight Club in that respect. I may be way off base however.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught up to episode 3. After a fairly promising start this has gone nowhere fast.

The creator says he knows the ending in 3/4 series time. Can't say I'll be wasting that much time invested in it if it doesn't improve quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived