St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also good to hear we are due a 33% sell on fee if Hibs sell McGinn!

Add to the fact Gallagher chose us for less money over another Championship club I'd say it was a very positive night.

Aye it was Falkirk. However I would take the less money bit with a bit of tongue and cheek TBH.

Id be surprised if the Langfield deal doesn't go through, his brother has been posting all sorts on fb recently which would suggest it's a done deal.

Despite this, if for some reason it was to fall through I would take Samson back in a heart beat, prone to the odd clanger certainly but what goalie at this level isn't.

Always amazed at how much of a scapegoat he became at Killie.

He had shaky games for us and his long shot saving was never the best, but overall was solid and made some superb reaction saves. Wasn't sure about him when he joined due to what fans of his former clubs were saying, but he won me round.

I have to say I don't think Jamie MacDonald is any better- I wonder what Killie fans would say if he was playing for them when he lost that goal in the cup final!

Plus, he's a cup winning legend. Kept us in the game in the semi and the final.

Samson :wub:

He also let Hearts back into the final. Every time I see Hearts second goal I'm half expecting him to save it.

Any shot from distance had a chance with Samson in goals.

He also let Hearts back into the final. Every time I see Hearts second goal I'm half expecting him to save it.

Any shot from distance had a chance with Samson in goals.

He wasn't entirely to blame, though - we were sitting so deep by the end. He'd had barely any cover for the first 30 minutes, too.

f**k, thinking back now, it was the most stressful 20 minutes of my life. :shutup

Aberdeen met McLean's release fee so no add-ons from that deal. So, just around £400,000 for John McGinn and McLean. Not too bad considering Saints didn't have a lot of say in where they went.

Good luck on Friday Saints. What odds for a diddy double over the old furm in this weekends fixtures? 8)

Pretty sure we do have a sell on with McLean - it was reported 20 or 25% at the time.

I was initially looking forward to playing some different teams and all that, but I'm feeling pretty apathetic now that the league season's about to start. The clusterfuck that was last season and the position we're left in still stings tbh. I'm quite worried about the squad as well, there's still a couple of gaps to be filled if we want to do anything this season. Tomorrow's game certainly won't define our season but I fear a pumping.

I was initially looking forward to playing some different teams and all that, but I'm feeling pretty apathetic now that the league season's about to start. The clusterfuck that was last season and the position we're left in still stings tbh. I'm quite worried about the squad as well, there's still a couple of gaps to be filled if we want to do anything this season. Tomorrow's game certainly won't define our season but I fear a pumping.

I'm not. I'm genuinely excited about it. We're still 3 or 4 players away but at least our manager has accepted and is going to lengths to right that. It's a two year rebuild though, most of us accepted that before Murray came in.

The Q and A on Tuesday reaffirmed my belief that his appointment was the right one.

Why?

You're going to get absolutely horsed.

Because we've stagnated in the Premiership grinding out survival year in year out. Time for a proper fresh start and all that.

This is positivity by the way, something you probably haven't encountered yet being in Greenock.

Archived