St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

If we're paying that much to players I'm surprised that so many of our key players are leaving us and signing for Raith and Dumbarton. Obviously I can't say for certain but I'd be surprised if this wasn't total bollocks.

You weren't until they left and desperation crept in.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Willie Dyer would be a great signing for you boys.

I thought he looked very decent while playing against us last season, the second game at our place when Dundee came from behind to win 2-1 he had a hand in both goals and looked a very steady performer.

John McGinn has moved to take legal action against St Mirren after the training ground accident that left the midfielder with a punctured thigh from a sharp pole thrown by striker Steven Thompson as a prank. (Sun On Sunday, print edition)

John McGinn has moved to take legal action against St Mirren after the training ground accident that left the midfielder with a punctured thigh from a sharp pole thrown by striker Steven Thompson as a prank. (Sun On Sunday, print edition)

No unexpected to be honest. It's an accident at work like any other and as such, he's entitled to compensation.

Unsurprisingly a lot of St. Mirren fans on BAWA moaning that he should just get on with it and leave it be.

I'd love to see how many of them wouldn't claim against their company if they'd been injured in such a manner at work and a result of someone else being reckless. Seems they want footballers to operate within a different set of laws, though.

Unsurprisingly a lot of St. Mirren fans on BAWA moaning that he should just get on with it and leave it be.

I'd love to see how many of them wouldn't claim against their company if they'd been injured in such a manner at work and a result of someone else being reckless. Seems they want footballers to operate within a different set of laws, though.

If you value your sanity you'll stay away from that thread. I gave up about half way through the first page. The Lionel Hutz wannabes are out in force.

It's a pyoor disgrace but, he was shite last season we shuld be sewing him!!!!

One's even claimed that if his career is over (:lol: no suggestion of anything like this or that he's even still injured), then we should sue Thommo for the compensation we won't get for a transfer.

Even though no transfer has taken place. Even though he might still sign a new contract. Even though that isn't even approaching legal.

One's even claimed that if his career is over ( :lol: no suggestion of anything like this or that he's even still injured), then we should sue Thommo for the compensation we won't get for a transfer.

Even though no transfer has taken place. Even though he might still sign a new contract. Even though that isn't even approaching legal.

The kneejerk stuff from some of our fans is always hilarious/worrying. I'm not even looking at Black and White Army for this one.

The kneejerk stuff from some of our fans is always hilarious/worrying. I'm not even looking at Black and White Army for this one.

I commend you. Unfortunately, I'm in a bit too deep now and am out of control. :(

I never look at Black and White Army for anything. I think forums need fans of other teams to give different perspectives.

Forums for individual team are just circlejerks of blinkered nonsense.

I never look at Black and White Army for anything. I think forums need fans of other teams to give different perspectives.

Forums for individual team are just circlejerks of blinkered nonsense.

BAWA is the worst though. The amount of times I've gone in to have a look at a thread regarding a player, signing or new kit etc and there are 20+ new posts, only to be met with the same shite puns and inane drivel from the same 4 posters is ridiculous.

Think this could be a way to manoeuvre a move at a cut rate?

My understanding is that McGinn is out of contract and if anyone wants to sign him, they will have to pay the compensation fee (around 300k), regardless of what happens with this stuff. So I'm not sure if it'll have any bearing on it. Could be wrong though, I'm not exactly clued up on the legalities surrounding this issue.

Nope. This will have absolutely no bearing on his fee or his destination. It's as simple as anyone claiming their work for personal injury.

There are 3 options.

1) He signs for another club and we are paid due compensation.

2) He signs on for St. Mirren

3) He leaves St. Mirren, no club is willing to offer the compensation, so he sits on his bum doing nothing whilst we retain his registration documents.

That simple really.

I wondered that as well. While there seems to be a formula for working out compensation, I'm not sure if that applies to transfers within Scotland. Plus I don't think it's set in stone so while we may be due around £300k compensation if he goes down south, I'd imagine there'd be nothing to stop us accepting half that if we wish. Perhaps by suing he's trying to force the issue as he doesn't see anyone stumping up what we're entitled to.

Hilarious reading on B&W. So many people failing to understand Employers Liability. When, not if, he claims successfully it won't cost St Mirren a penny. He has every right to claim for compensation too.

What I loved from my brief look is so many folk wondering how he can sue the club for the actins of an employee, as if this is some legal loophole they've discovered that his lawyer won't be aware of.

It'll be one of the easiest compensation cases they'll ever have, not least because the guy responsible gave a two page interview about it in a national newspaper just days after it happened!

Archived