P&B Fantasy IDP Dynasty League

Dee4Life1893

D4L fancy setting up a wee poll for folks to vote on whether to expand to 16 teams? If anyone is unsure, 16 teams would have 400 players drafted, so if you look at the 'players' tab on FF that'd take you up to page 20 of all positions, 14 teams would have 350 (so players up to page 18 give or take would be likely to be drafted).

TLDR; Even with IDP the level of depth is still pretty much the same as the original dynasty league, maybe even less so since theres fewer bench spots and more positions.

D4L fancy setting up a wee poll for folks to vote on whether to expand to 16 teams? If anyone is unsure, 16 teams would have 400 players drafted, so if you look at the 'players' tab on FF that'd take you up to page 20 of all positions, 14 teams would have 350 (so players up to page 18 give or take would be likely to be drafted).

TLDR; Even with IDP the level of depth is still pretty much the same as the original dynasty league, maybe even less so since theres fewer bench spots and more positions.

Okay,added a poll.

If only the 14 already i the league could vote please.

Edited by Dee4Life1893

Okay,added a poll.

If only the 14 already i the league could vote please.

Cheers man. I suppose it doesnt matter who votes since its only no's that were looking at, what shall we say? 4 people to overturn?

I feel bad. I voted for 14.

Just think with the depth of the league I wouldn't be surprised if it's too much for some people and having back ups ready to go wouldn't be a bad thing.

you should feel bad !!!!!!!!!!

So, with 5 YES votes & 3 No votes and Jagfox not bothered. We need 2 more YES votes for a majority, 4 more NO votes for a majority.

Mo Wonderboy, placidcasual345, StevieLesII, SloopJonB & PaulMarnie still to vote. I'll leave it till tomorrow evening.

Mo Wonderboy, SloopJonB & Jagfox/Simplistic (sorry, not sure who Hobblediner is) still need to take their place in the league.

Okay. There seems to have been a few differences of opinion on how we are gonna format this league. I feel the only fair way of doing this, given 14 (or16) of us are commiting x number of years to this is for players to put forward their ideas on certain topics and vote on them.

Here are mine.............

1. When to start the draft

Obviously this will be an email draft, I don't think we'll be debating that.

When we did the original dynasty draft we started 4/8/13 and finished 5/9/13. 32 days for 400 picks.

In my opinion we should start ASAP. I understand there are many problems with this. People will have holidays soon. People will want to wait for camp injuries. People will want to see who makes the roster.

I'm suggesting we start as start as soon as we can. Early June. I'm impatient and looking for fantasy action now.

Obviously this is probably the most important issue. We need a time where everyone can actively be involved in the draft.

2. Dynasty or Keeper League

This whole thing came about from myself and a few others looking for a new dynasty league.

Stewbo came up with the idea for an IDP league which we've all signed up for. Perfect, as someone pointed out it's probably the one thing we don't have. However I believe Stewbo planned on this being a keeper league. I may be persuaded otherwise as I have no experiance of krrprr leagues.

It is my strong opinion this should be a Dynasty League and would like to put this to a vote.

3. Roster Size.

As stated above I support the dynasty format. In our current league we start 9 of our 25 man roster (36%).

In this IDP league we will need 15 starters every week. (42 at 36%)

I suggest 30-35 man rosters.

These are my suggestions for this league. I welcome everyone elses.

Just to point out I never suggested it being a keeper league. If its majority of players allowed as keepers and no penalty its still dynasty. The only difference being you have to make cuts each season for rookies/free agents added in the draft.

1. When to start the draft

I'm easy with the start date. The only thing I will have an issue with is going to the Scotland Ireland game in June.

2. Dynasty or Keeper League

I would prefer full dynasty, where you need to make cuts to your team if you want to get rookies in.

3. Roster Size.

The bigger the rosters the better as far as I'm concerned.

Happy enough for 16 teams; can't see it making a massive difference to overall roster depth.

1. Draft

Sooner the better; think we had to reduce the pick time a couple of times in the Dynasty draft, could start at 24 hours per pick and reduce it nearer season start if needs be.

Dynasty/Keeper

Pure Dynasty. This league will be complicated enough without keeper penalties etc.

Set roster numbers, if you want a rookie then you have to cut someone from your existing roster.

Roster Size

Somewhere between 30-35.

Draft: Not too bothered.

Dynasty/ Keeper: Dynasty

Roster: 30 with a supplementary roster of 5 for prospects and injured players.

Edited by jagfox(Pt)