Your Worst MP

BFTD

David Stewart contributed nothing of note during his 7 years in Westminster or his 8 years and counting at Hollyrood.

I genuinely have never heard of this man, which I guess backs up your point

If we are including MEPs David Coburn is currently setting new lows in Scottish politics.

Aye, I think he'd be a winner against most. It's actually painful to listen to him, and he clearly can't believe his luck that he's managed to sneak into political office. He'd wear a clown suit if it got him on the telly. I'd say he'd be better off in the Monster Raving Loonys, but I guess he's found his home. Can't believe some folk were seriously worried that he'd win in Falkirk purely because he was doing a jig about how many voters he had :1eye I'd imagine his biggest problem was avoiding the bags of pish being thrown at him in the street.

Last I heard, UKIP's Euro policy was to turn up, take all the attendance cash, and f**k off again, so it's painful to think that balloon is raking it in for doing hee-haw. At least the Westminster lot have to pretend to do something.

Wonder if Ad Lib's thought about standing for the European Parliament? With those turnouts, it's bound to be easier to get in.

Anne Moffat, MP for East Lothian was pretty awful. Was supposedly mugged by neds in Cockenzie while out jogging one night while wearing diamond jewellery, which a) seemed a fucking stupid thing to do and b) wasn't apparently what happened anyway....

Also claimed more travelling expenses than MPs from the Isles. Eventually the Labour Party in East Lothian was split over whether to deselect her and the Party bigwigs had to be called in to investigate infighting- a glorious mess.

"EAST Lothian MP Anne Moffat is facing deselection by her local party after a rebellion which saw police called to Prestonpans Labour Club on Friday night.

Lothian and Borders Police confirmed officers had moved on 20 to 25 people from outside the club.

Inside, party members voted 25 to five to reopen the selection process to find a candidate for the general election.

Elected in 2001, Ms Moffat has been a controversial figure. Activists tried to have her deselected in 2007 but their attempt was defeated by union block votes. The following year a motion of no confidence passed by the local party was ruled unconstitutional by Labour headquarters. "

I'm hoping that my new MP, despite being a Tory, is going to be a good constituency MP. I'm never going to agree on national policy, but if she can get stuff done around here that has been neglected for decades, then I'll be fairly happy. That's despite having more sympathy for the Lib Dems, but they've did f**k all locally for far too long.

I'm hoping that my new MP, despite being a Tory, is going to be a good constituency MP. I'm never going to agree on national policy, but if she can get stuff done around here that has been neglected for decades, then I'll be fairly happy. That's despite having more sympathy for the Lib Dems, but they've did f**k all locally for far too long.

if they can get the bloody finger out and get the A1 dualled all the way from Berwick to Morpeth that would be a start but I'm not holding my breath....

...unless you tell them dualling the road would make it easier to move tanks up to Scotland in case there's another referendum ;)

Archived