Albion Rovers Transfers and Closed Season Thread

Good luck to Neil but, personally, I am not his greatest fan. For such a giant of a man, he's weak on high balls and teams exploit that. A long high ball to the back stick has him in a flap. Good instinctive shot stopper, mind. Maybe Rab Watt can find us another Derek Gaston.

Yeah, I'd agree with that, whilst noting he was much better in the season just past than in his first season. It would also be churlish not to acknowledge that he was the players Player of The Year for 2014/15. I'm surprised you didn't mention his kicking though; pseudo-sweeper he really wasn't!

But yeah, fair play to the guy. He says he's an Airdrie fan so I certainly don't grudge him moving there.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi troops, has Ciaran Donnelly returned to your team. We had him on loan at Shotts, helped us big time. Wish him all the best and thanks.

It was reported that he's been released, wishyman.

Thanks bold rover, hope he gets a good move. Would like to have him at Shotts, but I guess he'll move elsewhere. Fine player.

He's been good for the Rovers over the years. But didn't figure under Young. We have the best central defensive pairing in the Dunlops, and Young has preferred others in midfield. Hey ho, but thanks, Ciaran.

We're at a level lower than yourselves, is the lad Josh Mullen still with you. I liked him at the Ladeside.

Yes, Josh is signed for next season. He had a mixed first term: looked decent early on in right midfield, then filled in at left back where he looked out of place. Good endeavour and attitude - this season will be interesting for him.

Yes, Josh is signed for next season. He had a mixed first term: looked decent early on in right midfield, then filled in at left back where he looked out of place. Good endeavour and attitude - this season will be interesting for him.

Nice to hear, played right back when I saw him. Felt he was too talented for that position. Hope he can establish himself this season.

Rovers midfielder Scott Chaplain has `hung up his boots` to take up a post as Development Officer with the SFA. The rules state he cannot be a paid employee of a member club. Obviously at 33 , Scott is looking to his long term future and career and we wish him well. Been a great asset to the club during his three spells as a player.

Archived