Albion Rovers Transfers and Closed Season Thread

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen Hughes play but he certainly looks like a goalkeeper- a bloody big lad.

I'm confident he'll do a good job wherever he ends up, having been coached by the best in the business, Ross Ballantyne.

30 years since we met on league business? Be good to see Darren Young back at East End. He was a bit of an unsung hero of the Jimmy Calderwood era. Always thought he was captain/manager material - you could see on the pitch he was someone who would always be talking and organising and never hid.

I'm glad to see some core players re-signing, but I can't understand why Ally Love has been signed while we release the two members of last year's squad with Second Division winners' medals, along with Gary Phillips, who was one of our best players the last time we were in this league.

Who were the two that had medals ? Squib i can think of but my minds gone blank on the other !

In anycase i think Squib i was 50/50 on keeping sad to see him go. Phillips i think was lucky to get a reprive last season and didnt do much to justify a new deal. Love i think from seeing him before he signed with us and in the latter half of this season is a player with bags of desire and talent and also he has goals in him.

Fisher and Turnbul would have been top of my list to keep so im pretty happy with that two young guys who could easily play at a higher level. McGuigan would have kept him but not too fussed hes away depending on who we can get in to replace him

Blockley would be a fantastic signing, quite suprise our cousins across the Coatdyke devide have let him go

30 years since we met on league business?

Has there been any cup games between us in that time? I'm struggling to think of any.

But yeah, looking forward to playing the Pars. How much of an away support do you carry nowadays, and what's the best places for a beer when we're through there?

what's the best places for a beer when we're through there?

There are two bars at the ground - Legends and Charlie D's. Both are open from 12pm on a home match day for us, and they are open after the match too. Away fans are more than welcome to come in to have a pre match drink and a bit banter.

The bar in the ground really is top drawer.

Boyz playing tunez n that when yer hane a pint n a nip whit mare ye watin?

Yeah, I thought that was a good touch having a guy doing an acoustic session in the bar at the ground when I was there at the end of March. It really is the ideal set up having a couple of decent sized bars at the ground, something Morton really miss out on.

Has there been any cup games between us in that time? I'm struggling to think of any.

But yeah, looking forward to playing the Pars. How much of an away support do you carry nowadays, and what's the best places for a beer when we're through there?

defo remember a midweek gubbing in the league cup. Had a Sneaky wee bt of merrydown outside the ground.... '92 maybe !

Yes Cusack Mckenzie and fisher was on loan for a period during cowdenbeaths second division win. Cusack wasn't given much chance at all last season played out of position when he got a chance and Mackenzie's previous season in the second division he scored 21goals so why let they players leave??

I've a memory of beating Dunfermline 3-0 at Cliftonhill - in the League - mid-eighties when they managed to get themselves down to our level. I think Ian McCall may have played for them.

Archived