How Fuckin Shite Is Edinburgh Airport

HTG

Does anyone know how shite Newcastle Airport is?

I'd imagine very shite indeed, but everyone who lives in the city thinks it's the best airport in the world except it's owned by too many people from London. Also it should be called Alan Shearer International.

I use Edinburgh and Glasgow pretty regularly, and find it takes longer on average to get through at Edinburgh.

At least they're both investing money I guess... some of the airports in this country are a joke. Leeds-Bradford springs to mind. Horrible place.

I've stopped flying to London as well. West-Coast mainline all the way from now on. 15 minute train to Central, then four and a half hrs and I'm in Euston.

Compare that with either the grim slog out to Edinburgh Airport (shite if you're coming from the West on the M8, shite if you've got to get along Corstorphine Road in f-ing Edinburgh traffic), or having to get out to Glasgow Airport on the Motorway.

No security delays, no having to get into London from Stanstead, Heathrow or Luton, a comfy seat and decent wi-fi. Cheap 1st Class deals often to be had. Free beer and nice food.

Worst Airport in the world is Dusselfdorf Weeze (Which is no-where near Dusseldorf!)

Any airport which is the name of a city followed by another word, and is used extensively by Ryanair, is a giveaway that it is probably miles out of the named city.

Paris Beauvais is the worst though. 90 minutes to get into Paris (another hour on top pf that tp get to disneyland) and the departures lounge is a fecking gazeebo

Goteborg city was a great wee airport essentially just Ryanair and some local singled engined Cessna owners. Might have changed by now but 12 years ago it was essentially a shed in a field with a beer garden out the back through departures.

Cardiff which I flew in and out of fortnightly during 2009/10 was pretty decent except during the summer when people continually tried to take bottle of juice through security and held up the line by arguing like hell with security when it was taken off them.

Worst I've been too in recent years is a toss up between Seattle, purely for length of queues at security, and Kerkira (Corfu) which is totally run down reflecting the level of recent investment in Greece in general.

Any airport which is the name of a city followed by another word, and is used extensively by Ryanair, is a giveaway that it is probably miles out of the named city.

Paris Beauvais is the worst though. 90 minutes to get into Paris (another hour on top pf that tp get to disneyland) and the departures lounge is a fecking gazeebo

Excellent airport though for hiring a car and going round the battlefields and war memorials.

You've as much chance of seeing the Blackpool tower as the Eiffel tower going to that airport though.

Goteborg city was a great wee airport essentially just Ryanair and some local singled engined Cessna owners.

The place is called Gothenburg, the same way that we say Moscow instead of Москва. Especially when you can't be arsed to put the two dots above the first "o". Just saying.

Does anyone know how shite Newcastle Airport is?

We fly from there all the time. Stay at the Britannia across the road and get free parking for when you are away.

It's not the best, but there's a belter of a country pub about 20mins walk away for decent grub.

In terms of Northern England I found Newcastle and Liverpool not bad at all compared to the hellhole that is Manchester airport. The only thing Manchester has going for it is that - bizarrely - it's easier for me to get to than Glasgow as an Edinburgh based non-driver. You can get a direct train from Edinburgh to Manchester airport.

Prestwick is my favourite Scottish airport with Edinburgh a close second. In terms of foreign airports, Barcelona El-Prat isn't bad for it's size. Far better than the hell holes of Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and Alicante.

I hate Manchester airport too. I do quite regular trips to North Wales, and because Flybe have changed their timetables I have to fly down to Birmingham (great, direct train to where I'm going, and beer/smoking gallery past security which is no use when flying in), and back from shitty Manchester where it takes ages to get through security and longer to get to the gate, and three train changes to get there, and nowhere to smoke.

The place is called Gothenburg, the same way that we say Moscow instead of Москва. Especially when you can't be arsed to put the two dots above the first "o". Just saying.

My keyboard doesn't have the necessary characters for it, nor do I know the alt code number.

I hate Manchester airport too. I do quite regular trips to North Wales, and because Flybe have changed their timetables I have to fly down to Birmingham (great, direct train to where I'm going, and beer/smoking gallery past security which is no use when flying in), and back from shitty Manchester where it takes ages to get through security and longer to get to the gate, and three train changes to get there, and nowhere to smoke.

Getting from domestic to international at Manchester sometimes requires finding someone to unlock a door for you, as well as a complete lack of signage. Shambolic airport. Never, ever again. Edited by Savage Henry

Sitting in departures just now and whilst security was fuckin mobbed big time at 6:30am, especially with all the early morning Ryanair flights, I got through in less than 10 mins.

One thing I do hate about this airport however, and whilst I haven't experienced it today I've just witnessed it, when you land from an international flight and park up at the new side (with no air bridges) and you're shunted on a bus that takes a fuckin age to get to the immigration hall. Hate that big time!!

Ryanair do that at Glasgow for flights from Ireland, park up at the far end of the international pier then bus you to the other end of the domestic pier.

They still have a specific narrow door/corridor for arrivals from Ireland and Jersey (Guernsey) .